Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. It's a big week in the US of A as we celebrate Independence Day. Do you have any special plans? How will you mark the day? BBQ? pool-lake-beach time? fireworks? homemade ice cream? If you're not an American you can tell us what's happening in your corner of the world on Thursday. 

I will be by myself.  I will probably try to find a place that is having fireworks.  Before hub passed away, we always had a huge cookout.  Hub wasn't a fan of BBQ, so it was usually hamburgers (with all the fixings) and chicken grilled out, plus many side dishes.  My oldest daughter, who passed away, would always bake and decorate a cake.

Afterwards, we all headed to watch the fireworks.

2. What's your favorite 'All-American' dessert? 

I don't know if  this is an 'All-American' dessert, but my favorite is carrot cake or cheese cake.

3. Does that patriotic feeling come easily to you, or are you having to work for it more these days? What's something that makes you proud to be a citizen of your country?  

It depends on what is happening in our world if I am having to work on my patriotic feeling.  Here lately, I am having to work on my patriotic feeling. 

Something that makes me proud to be a citizen of America, is I still have a choice in some things...I can still say the Pledge of Allegiance, stand for the National Anthem, attend the church of my choice, etc .

4. Your favorite 'patriotic' movie? Favorite patriotic song?  

Movie--I have two  Saving Private Ryan and  Hacksaw Ridge.  Song "God Bless the USA' by Lee Greenwood.

5. One simple pleasure on your July 'bucket list'? 

It isn't a pleasure, but I have been out of school for 27 days and have kept my THREE grandsons 17 of those days!!  I really need to get some deep cleaning done...teachers go back July 30th!!

I enjoy seeing my veggies start to come in.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The grandkids were at the beach last week and I had some friends come and spend a few days with me.  We went antique shopping, went to play Trivia at a local restaurant, played board games ( my favorite is Frackle) and cards.





Thoroughly enjoyed their company!

Tomorrow is my big 65th Birthday.  I was almost a firecracker!!  Hub use to say I was a firecracker.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Frackle, so will have to look for that one. July 30th sounds like the middle of summer to me! I hope you get to see some fireworks and enjoy the day. How fun to have so much time with your grands, but I'm sure you need a big nap right about now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute that you were almost a firecracker! Happy birthday to you. Glad you had a good time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I love to play farkle..though it can frustrate me too..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was alone yesterday as well and felt a bit melancholy. This time last year, my husband & I were headed out west for our big adventure. Good for you for having friends over...I'm sure it was just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Something you're working on currently?  Currently working on two things right now!  One, I am trying to clean off my garden.  My ga...