Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 




1. It's officially fall y'all. In the northern hemisphere anyway. Any signs of it where you are? What's your favorite thing about this time of year? 

There have been some signs of fall; the daylight is getting shorter and the nights are getting a little cooler.

2. Have you visited any 'falls' in person? Tell us about one of your favorites? Of the following top ten famous falls (according to this site ) which would you most like to see in person-

Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe/Zambia), Igazu Falls (Argentina/Brazil), Niagara Falls (US/Canada), Angel Falls (Venezuela), Yosemite Falls (California), Dettifoss (Iceland) Kaieteur Falls (Guyana), Plitvice Waterfalls (Croatia), Gullfoss-Golden Falls (Iceland), or Sutherland Falls (New Zealand)

I would stay in the United States and visit Yosemite Falls in California.

3. What's something you'll miss about summer? 

Sitting outside.  I am an outside person and I dread staying inside a lot.

4. A favorite fall recipe?

It would have to be chili.  I really don't have a recipe for this just add stuff that I like to make chili.

5. Something you enjoy but lately have allowed it to 'fall by the wayside'? 

Reading.  I have been so busy lately, I haven't had time to do much reading.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This weekend was the Apple Festival.  I worked Thursday evening hanging up art work, collecting can food, crafts, and bake goods.  Friday morning back at it to open up for the judges. Saturday was the big parade and son-in-law were hooking up the Queens' float bby 6:30am. Sunday, there was Cowboy Church at 10am and then the vendors and crafters opened up.  The weather couldn't have been better.  Temps were in the low 70s which was perfect. 




The boys were awarded ribbons (1st and 2nd place) for their pumpkins that I helped them grow.
A busy weekend, but I enjoyed it so much!!
Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. Seems like a few of us have let reading lapse in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the pumpkin ribbons! I'm so glad the weather was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys and their pumpkins are so cute - congrats! Also, what is cowboy church? That sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun and hooray for nice weather! In Shannon's new house the owners must have dropped pumpkin seed near the front door and she is overwhelmed with the harvest. The vine stretches all the way into the back yard and it was loaded (maybe 80 or more!) but a groundhog snatched about 50 for himself. They still have plenty lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love being outside also. I have come to terms with winter. I go outside now regardless of the cold. I just purchased some pretty winter gear and I actually enjoy it. Not as much as sitting outside in shorts and t-shirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got around to commenting on last weeks posts and figured I needed to play catch up. I hate posting and then not commenting. Uggh. We'll see if I get around to posting this week. I enjoyed your answers. I like outside too and we get so much rain in the fall...though this week should be nice. Love chili. Lately I've made taco soup, which is similar, but thinner. Those dahlias are gorgeous...my favorite flower

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...