Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 




From this Side of the Pond

1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you ever been to Kentucky? Do you like Bourbon? 

I watched the Kentucky Derby but have never been to a horse race.  When I was growing up, I had a horse named Honeycomb and I use to ride him. Youngest daughter played college basketball, and there were a few games in Kentucky.  It always fascinated me to see the finest horse stables!  I am not a Bourbon fan unless I have a cold and then I make me a hot toddy.

2.  What's something you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? 

You are making my brain think!! lol

The type of technology I was using...like a flip phone!  

3. Are you adventurous? Elaborate. 

Somewhat adventurous. I think being adventurous adds excitement to life. I use to take hub by the wing and say lets go.  But there are times when I need to plan out every detail.

4. Something you want to make this year? It can be a new recipe, craft, diy project, a milestone you've set for yourself...anything at all. 

A milestone I have set for myself is to be able to get in more walking.  I was at 5,000 steps a day and now I want to have 10,000 steps.

5. Cinco de Mayo was also celebrated this past weekend...do you like Mexican food? If so what's your favorite dish? Have you ever been to Mexico?  Margarita-yes or no?

I am a fan of Mexican food.  I really don't have a favorite. I like spicy foods.  Never been to Mexico and I have no desire to go.  Margarita--Definitely YES!!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I don't know if it is related to allergies or what but this nasty crud has gotten hold of me and just won't let go.  I have been taking OTC meds without much relief.  The doctor said is was a virus and there is nothing for me to take.  Boy, I sure am ready for it to hurry up and move out of my body!!


Have a great rest of the week and ENJOY LIFE!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been under the weather. I think allergies contribute to all the symptoms-ugh! Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better; maybe make a hot toddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will feel better soon. My hubby and I have been fighting it (maybe the same or not) for multiple weeks. We both are feeling better now. The coughing is not quite gone yet. I'd like to do 10,000 steps a day, but have not gotten there consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kentucky Horse Park is on my daughter's list of horse places to-go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually just thinking today that I would like to try and get 5 miles in a day. Right now I do 10,000 steps which is just under 5 miles. So I think it's doable but I'll have to be really intentional

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. What impresses you? I am impressed by personality traits:  kindness, honesty, empathy, etc. 2.  Where are you in your family birth orde...