Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. If your life had a theme song for this past year what would it be?

"Livin on a Prayer" 

2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie...of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite? Which one have you tasted most recently? Or maybe you don't like chocolate???

A chocolate candy bar is my favorite treat.  Most recently ate a chocolate candy bar, think it was just an ole plain Hershey's .  I know I am weird/strange , but I think the others taste too chocolate. 

3. What has surprised you recently? 

That I am surviving the 'extra' people living in my house.

4. September 19th is National Voter Registration Day in the US. Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now? If not, why not? Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently? 

I am a registered voter. This was something my father highly encouraged me to do.  I can still hear his words, "Little Girl (no matter my age, I was still his 'little girl'), if you don't vote, don't complain."  

I recently voted in our school's SCA elections.

5. Do you like to hike? If so, when's the last time you went hiking and where'd ya go? If you're not a hiker are you a walker? Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine? 

I am not a hiker, but a walker.  I enjoy walking outside, and I really try to get some walking in everyday.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Praying the weather is nice for the Apple Festival this weekend.  It usually is so hot you can't stand to walk around and enjoy it or it rains.

My late hub was the parade marshall in 2018.




5 comments:

  1. We've been in the No. Georgia mountains for a couple of days and the weather has been spectacular! Hope you have sunny skies for the festival. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post. Hope the weather is pleasant for the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try - but don't nearly always succeed! - to walk everyday as well, and go for a walk that would qualify as a hike about once a week. Hope you have good weather for the festival, and that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to an apple festival. I just need to make reservations for next year and do it. I enjoyed your answers today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true....If you don't vote, don't complain. I think that's true about anything...don't complain unless you're willing to be a part of the solution. An apple festival would be nice. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'm late getting around to commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...