Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodg

 


From this Side of the Pond

1.  April 26th is National Audubon Day, honoring John James Audubon, the French-My ornithologist, naturalist, and painter known for his detailed study and illustration of birds in their natural habitats. Do you have a bird feeder? Any birds in your home decor? Have you ever owned a pet bird? What's your favorite bird? 

I do not have a bird feeder nor any home decor of birds.  No pet birds.  I know a few people who have birds for pets, though.  My dear, dear cousin has had a few birds.  The bird she has, has its own room in her house and it is the color of purple. She does send me pics of the bird on her shoulder, in her hair, and etc. 

I have a bird's nest right now at my house and the bird doo doo is everywhere.  I can tell there are little birds in there and I don't want to kill them but this morning it looks as though one bird isn't living.  By looking at the nest, I saw a feather kinda sticking out, but no movement.  I will look more when I get home from school.

My favorite bird would have to be the red cardinal because I have heard when you see a red cardinal in your yard it means that our loved ones will never be forgotten.  I have no idea if this is true, but I want to believe it is.

  

2. What's something you took to 'like a duck to water'? 

Line dancing!!  We meet every other week and I absolutely love it.  With my age, I thought I would have difficulty remembering the routine, but nope!

3. Empty nest, nest egg, proud as a peacock, free as a bird, birds of a feather flock together, or the early bird catches the worm...choose one and tell us how it currently applies to your life. 

Free as a bird!  Living by myself I am free as a bird which has it advantages and disadvantages.

4. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds...your favorite seed and a favorite food or dish made with that seed or topped with that seed? Have you tried all the seeds on the list? Any you don't care for? 

I have tried all on the list and all are okay for me.  Putting sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds on my salad is a favorite for me.

5. Something in the past week that made you 'happy as a lark'?

Around 7am last Thursday, I get a call from my grandson asking if he and his brothers could spend the night.  Here all three came with their suitcases and toys (like I don't have any toys haha!).  We ate dinner out that night, the next morning we ate breakfast out, and went for ice cream later that day!  Such great memories I was able to make with all three!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This weather is awful!  It was so nice and warm last week 80s AND this week the high has been in the 50s with lows in the 30s!! A shocker for sure! 

Have planted some potatoes, onions, lettuce, and garlic in my garden!  Yay!!

5 comments:

  1. Our weather got s little cool too after some rain. I don't mind it because it'll eventually be super hot but the warming process for the pool keeps getting thwarted. It was up to 78 but now, 74 again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had unusually cool weather here in Birmingham, too. I've had to wear a jacket several times in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Line Dancing is fun. We're going to be line dancing at a Texas ranch the end of July for our youngest brother and sister's 60th birthday party, (twins). You are the 2nd hodgepodger to name a Cardinal as their favorite. Hope your weather improves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you with the line dancing. I'd enjoy that I think, but don't know of anywhere around here offering a class. I'm so glad you had time with your grands. I think sleepovers at the grandparents are something we remember all our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cardinals too and I wish I could take to line dancing that quickly/easily. I think it would be fun but I'm always awkward. How awesome to have your grandsons over.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...