Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. April 13th is National Scrabble Day...are you a fan? Do you enjoy word games in general? What's an eight letter word that tells us something about your life currently?

I am not a fan of word games.  An eighth letter word that describes my life right now is COLLAPSE.  This is how I feel toward the end of all my paperwork which is due the first week in May.  I have only TWO more students and then I am finished with their paperwork.  I have worked diligently and over Easter break I did collapse!

2.  Do you have a junk drawer? Is it full? Do you know what's in it? What's in it? 

Most Definitely!!!  I kinda know some items in it: tape, screw drivers, extra cord chargers, nails, that is all I can think of at the moment without looking. 

3. When does time pass quickly for you? When does it pass slowly? 

Time passes quickly when I have my grandsons with me or when being around them.  Now that I am older, it seems I blink and another year has gone by. Right now time doesn't pass slowly for me.  Maybe in the winter, time passes slowly at night with it being dark by 5:30pm

4. These eight vegetables are in season during spring-asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, collard greens, garlic, herbs. What's your favorite? Any on the list you refuse to eat? Last one on the list you ate? 

Collard greens is my favorite.  I like all the eight vegetables.  The last one I ate was celery last night!

5. What's the oldest thing you own? Tell us about it. 

My youngest daughter's bedroom suit which happens to be 23 years old.  Somehow I still have it in a bedroom at my house.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I was going to participate in the A-Z Challenge, but realized today is April 12!!  Told ya, this paperwork is having me to collapse!!  I am falling down with the load of paperwork.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. I never liked my grandma's collards but then a friend of ours who grows them cooked them up once and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word. My life feels that way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word for a teacher this time of year, or any time of year. Amen to Grands growing so fast. Sigh... Hope you have a weekend with relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a third grade teacher years ago, I would collapse everyday when I got home from school. So I do understand the word.!!! I hope that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't do the A-Z this year either. Our calendar is too full and I didn't want to add one more thing. I always enjoy it but am giving this year a miss. The month is flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your answers...very late getting around to commenting. Hopefully you get through your paperwork.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge Letter S

  S Sunrise/Sunset I have two for this one. Sunrise Let’s be clear, I DO NOT get up every morning to see the sunrise. A sunrise to me is the...