Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

WAY TO GO JOYCE!!!!  EPISODE 500!!!!

1. Last time you drove/flew 500 miles (ish)? What's a place you'd like to visit that lies approximately 500 miles from your current location? 

Driving to New York City.  No, I didn't drive nor hubs but we were passengers that had to be in 2012.  

A place I would like to visit that is close to 500 miles from where I live is St. Louis.  I would love to see the Gateway Arch and other attractions there.

2. Tell us about a time recently it felt like you were 'racing against the clock'. 

How about NOW!  At first, school seems to drag on and on and on.  Christmas breaks seems so far away AND then there is January and this year with no snow days the month lasted forever. Toward the end of March until now, it seems like I blink and it is another week.  I keep asking  myself, what happened to March and April?  I need at least a few more months NOT just one more month before the end of school!!

3. Have you ever attended any really large sporting events? What was your impression of the experience?  

Yes, the UT football games.  I love, love, love the atmosphere there!

I have TWO  I would DEFINITELY attend in person if I could:  Kentucky Derby (hub and I were planning on this  he got really sick) and March Madness.  

I like watching The Superbowl, but I don't have to watch it.  


The Superbowl, The Kentucky Derby, The World Series, FIFA World Cup, The Indianapolis 500, The Daytona 500, The Olympics, The Masters, Wimbledon, The Boston Marathon, March Madness, Tour de France, Monaco's Grand Prix, The Open (golf), The Ryder Cup, The Stanley Cup Finals..of the events listed which would you most like to attend in person? Or maybe one that's not listed? 

4. Are you an iced tea drinker? If so, do you drink it year round, or only in the spring and summer months? Do you make your own or buy it bottled? Sweet or unsweet? Flavored? Lemon or no lemon? How about a Long Island Iced Tea? 

I am an iced tea drinker.  I am not a year round drinker, but if I need a little more caffeine in my body, then I drink it.  I probably drink more ice tea in the summer, unsweetened with lemon.

Long Island Iced Tea--NOPE!!  a lesson learned.


5. April 20th is Volunteer Recognition Day...do you volunteer in some way? Tell us about it. If not, tell us about a volunteer you appreciate. 

I volunteer at my church.  I also volunteer with the Apple Festival that is held annually in September in my town.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 



I had the best weekend in a looong time!  And I finally got to meet this cutie!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. Football in the south! Yes! Such a cutie - I know you were glad to meet!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with how the school year goes; seems like forever and then bam! it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, every year after Spring Break it seems to just fly until the end of the year.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Vols! A UT game is often larger in crowd size than many of the events mentioned. And definitely as much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for meeting that cutie! Sorry about the end of year race to the finish. I'm sure your service is appreciated at church and at the Apple Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers this week.

    ReplyDelete

  R Rainbows I love rainbows, they are one of the first things I remember learning to draw as a child. A rainbow makes me happy and gives me...