Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. Volume 478. Sounds like a lot. Where were you in 1978? If you weren't born where were you in 2008? 

I was in my 2nd year of college at East Tennessee State University...such fun times!

2. Raise your hand if you remember records playing at a speed of 78 rpm? What's a topic that when it comes up you 'sound like a broken record'? 

Teaching    So much is added to our plate nowadays and unless you are involved in education, it is hard to understand.  Just today, I read an email that said I was selected (by my principal and supervisor...Yeah, right??) to be on this committee which this committee is required to take an 18 hour course...  I told my colleague that I believe in democracy, and I had no idea what committee this was and I didn't want to be SELECTED!!

3. What's the last thing you recorded in some way? 

My grandsons playing and singing.

4. Thursday is the first day of fall (in the northern hemisphere). How do you feel about the changing seasons? Something you're looking forward to this fall? 

Fall is beautiful, but I know what comes next and this makes me sad...the dark evenings (before 5pm), the colder weather, and the snow.  

I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful trees changing their colors and I love college football.

5. In what way (or ways) are you like the apple that didn't 'fall far from the tree'? 

I have my own opinion but if you put up a great persuasive argument, I might change my mind.  My father not so much; he never changed his opinion no matter what.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

SHEW!!  I have been really busy this weekend.  This weekend is our community Apple Festival and I am the chairperson for ALL the inside exhibits: arts/crafts, (from Pre K -12th grade),  sewing, photography, agriculture, baked goods, canned goods. I have 18 judges coming on Friday at 9:00am to judge and then on Sunday afternoon the ribbons are given out.  This has been a huge undertaking.

I have also been glued to the TV watching the funeral of Queen Elizabeth.

Have a great rest of the week.  Enjoy Life!

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning. How exciting, though time consuming it must be to chair this particular event. Getting to see firsthand all the creativity in your community would be so much fun. I hope your festival is a huge success. I haven't watched any of the funeral covering, but have heard snippets about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much respect for teachers these days. Everything I hear from teacher friends, is they are definitely overworked by the way they have to teach now. I wish they would return to the ways they taught us. Hope all goes well at your Applefest and that you can actually have some time to enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were "volun-told" to be on that committee! No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like you have a lot going on! And that teaching stuff sounds so annoying! A friend I had who was a teacher had some similar complaints over the years. He finally retired. I hope you have a beautiful fall this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even imagine being a teacher in the times we are in! Kudos to you!! Hopefully you can "Unselect" yourself.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...