Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What's something you've learned from a younger person? 

From my grandsons I have learned to laugh at my mistakes and to take the time to appreciate the 'small stuff'

From my students at school, I have learned a lot about technology!!

2. Are you a perfectionist? Elaborate? 

Yes, I try to be.  I want 'stuff' in order (towels must be folded a certain way, everything has a place and it must go there) and if having a gathering at my house, I want things PERFECT!  Which of course rarely happens because life isn't perfect.  As I am getting older, I am finding out who cares about the towels being folded a certain way; they are at least put away.

3. What makes you cringe? 

People who show no  respect, and people who think the world revolves around them.

4. September is National Honey month...do you have bees and make your own? Know someone who has bees and they share? Your favorite thing made with honey?

I do not have any bees. I used to know a fellow who had bees and made his own honey, but I don't keep in touch with him anymore.  Now, I purchase honey that is locally grown only 5 miles from where I live. I don't make anything with honey, but I love honey on a warm biscuit.

5. Where is your happy place? 

The beach is my happy place but since I do not live at the beach my second happy place is sitting on my porch reading (which with the cooler evenings,this is fading away).

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have a funny story....Last week while I was keeping the grandsons, Blake (who is 4) came and told me I needed to see what his brothers (twins are 2) were doing and that I wasn't going to be happy.

The twins were in the sunroom and they had taken plants out of my pots and was throwing dirt in the floor and all over themselves.  No, I wasn't happy.  I scolded them and told the twins I was going to spank their behinds.  I began to vacuum up the dirt and try to savage my plants the best I could.  I yelled for the twins to come here which they replied "We are hiding."  I walked in the kitchen and they were standing against the wall with their hands over their face.  I told them I could see them and they replied, "You can't see us; we have our eyes closed."  Least to say after this I started laughing...so they got away with this incident this time!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a funny story and I'm glad you could finally laugh about it. I like how the 4 year old described the situation to you. You will all look back on this and make it a fun memory. Love the sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the minds of little children! The picture is adorable and though I know you were irritated . . .I love that the moment turned to laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They punished themselves lol. I love the porch so much this time of year, with a blanket and the fire table turned on. So cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! Little ones can sure be crazy. I have a 19 month old granddaughter and she's a little stinker. Enjoyed yoour answers

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter M

M Memories In today’s hectic, digital world, memories are sometimes pushed into the background.  Social media and the constant availability ...