Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge




From this Side of the Pond


1.Describe your 30's in one sentence. If you're not yet 30 tell us one thing you hope to accomplish once you hit that particular decade.

The parenting years full of trials and errors but many accomplishments.

2. Is it harder for you to exercise or eat healthy?

Hub has been on a strict diet since last year when he found out his cancer had returned.  I haven't had any red meat in over a year.  I have been eating a lot of chicken/fish and fresh green vegetables (kale, leafy vegetables), limited fruit (cause it contains sugar..even natural sugar) and limited amount of sugary foods.  I was a junk food junkie and now...I would love to have a candy bar and the biggest, nastiest, juiciest hamburger!!  If hub can't eat it, neither will I.

On Mondays and Wednesdays I go to Zumba class.  Most of the time I dread going, but once there I enjoy myself.  Summer is the hardest time to go because of no AC in the building.


3. June 7th is National VCR Day. Huh? Anyway this reminded me of something I saw on Facebook listing household items we no longer have and the VCR was on it. I couldn't put my hands on that list, but found another list here of 21 items we all had ten years ago, but which are now obsolete-

bookshelves (WHAT!!???), drip coffee makers, alarm clocks, file cabinets, desktop computers, printers, printed phone books, answering machines, fax machines, paper shredders, a Rolodex, CD racks, CD burners, china cabinets, home phones, entertainment consoles, DVD players, calculators, takeout menus, incandescent light bulbs, and cable TV

Your thoughts? How many on the list do you still have? Still use?

Bookshelves (I can't imagine) I love mine and I will continue to put books on mine, I still use my drip coffee maker even though I have a Keurig and still use it, I have an alarm clock but seldom use it, file cabinets I have and still use,  I still have and use my china cabinet, still have and use my calculator, still use and have takeout menus, still have and use cable TV.  I must be still living in the dark ages!!!!

4. What's something you see disappearing in the next ten years?

In the next ten years, I think calculators will be obsolete....so many people use their phones for this.  Maybe even the radio players will be obsolete....Now we use Google or Alexa.

5. How did you celebrate your birthday this past year? Is that typical?

My birthday will be next month....so last year with the  hub's sickness just spent a quiet evening at home.  This year....who knows???

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Having Bible School this week.  The theme this year is Game On.  I am over 3 years old....yep! Hub had to sleep on the couch last night because he said I was snoring so loudly.  I must have been really tired. Thoroughly enjoying this week with these little ones.
Image result for game on vbs

2 comments:

  1. I love VBS too. I can understand your being tired. Today is Daughter2's last day of school for the year and she's hanging on by her fingernails : ) The kindergartners are so ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...VBS is so much fun! I miss the days when I was involved with it. The kids are always so cute. That's great that you're supporting your husband's diet that way. Even a regular diet to lose weight would be easier with your spouse doing it with you.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...