Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge.



From this Side of the Pond
Hello...Summer!
Thank you, Joyce for hosting.

1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.


I really don't have anything on my bucket list this summer.  With hub's sickness (cancer), it is hard to plan.  I just try to make the best of each day that he feels great!

2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?


I loved playing outside.  There were around 30 houses or more on my street. Around dusk when the street lights would come on, we would play 'kick the can'  We would play late into the night....remember not many cars on the road...so we were safe.


Image result for playing kick the can

3. Rootop or backyard? 


Backyard....our backyard is so peaceful.   Hub and I usually solve all the world's problems at night in our backyard! ha



4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?

Now with hub's strict diet I read food labels.  He is restricted to no red meat and very, very limited sugar.  So grocery shopping has taken me much, much longer than usual.  I am surprised at the amount of sugar in fruits (even though it is natural sugar, it is still sugar) and some vegetables.
I try to buy a lot of organic produce, which is hard in my neck of the woods because of location and size of my town.

5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?


Right now my song is "Fear is a Lier"

https://youtu.be/sQTnREEtuNk


6. Insert your own random thought here.



Hub and I are celebrating 37 years today.  





4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!!!! I am now following from Hodgepodge - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I wasn't aware of your husband's illness. I am so sorry. He is still a very handsome man. Yes, we tend to take so much for granted until it's threatened. You are right, every day is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how awesome it was to just go outside and find something to do. My kids sometimes will do that but they never seem as creative as I was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't we have fun as kids. And if I ran around like when I was younger I sure wouldn't have the weight trouble.
    Reading label does take time.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...