Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday hodgepodge









1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?

The changing of the leaves always make me smile.  I love looking at God's paintbrush at work.
Visiting a pumpkin patch and taking a hayride also makes me smile.  I am planning our little pumpkin patch trip in a couple of weeks.



2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why?


I am a little both right now.
Food for the soul-it really made me feel all warm inside listening to the NFL player on Monday night  (Kansas Chief) talking about his learning disability in school and how he participated in the Special Olympics.  Since I teach special education this made me feel so good inside!
Music for the soul-I listen to different types of music depending on the time of day it is but most importantly depending on my mood.  I think the type of music one listens to depends on that person's mood.  Music does generate emotions.  Music does soothe our soul.


3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?

Haven't been doing any online searches recently.

4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe. 

Order Out!  or I fix a pot of homemade chili



5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?

1.  Lay clothes out the night before along with accessories.
2.  Lunch is packed and on top shelf in the refrigerator.
3.  Do not hit snooze button--I make myself have to get up out of the bed to turn the alarm clock off!
4.  Spend time reading my devotions for that day-so I get up a few minutes earlier than normal.
 5. Listening to contemporary Christian music as I get ready always puts me in a better mood for the day.

6. What small thing have you taken note of today?

People smiling...Also I cleaned out our coffee pot in the teachers' workroom!  It was a dreary, raining day yesterday, and a few of us need a little perky up.

7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.

Why did you go by so quickly?  There for awhile, my calendar was empty, and I thought September was going to  be a lazy, nothing much to do month. Wrong! but I enjoyed every minute of it.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Grandson spent the night with the happy Newlyweds last Friday.  This was a planned overnight stay.  Daughter calls around 7 that evening saying she has married a 6year old.  Ha! boys will be boys.  Then that Saturday she tells me she put Nate (grandson) in the guest room (which he had said that is where he was going to sleep-a regular full bed).  The guest room was too dark for him so he went to get in their bed.  After a few minutes, he told Kenneth (son-in-law) that he might be more comfortable in the guest room-not that he had to get out of bed but that he might be more comfortable in the guest room.  Now Kenneth is well over 6ft tall and I am sure he hung over the bed!  Loved this story.


4 comments:

  1. I love the changing leaves as well. October is such a pretty time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet your grandson gets spoiled by your daughter and her husband : ) Our September was also very full. I think October will be lighter, but I say that every month and then at month's end I realize they're all full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with September going by way too fast. It was wonderful here in NW Wisconsin. Loved the newlywed story. Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in the Midwest this week I have seen a few colors starting to come out and I love it! September by far has been the fastest month ever....

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter O

  O Ocean The Ocean is My Happy Place When I am at the ocean, my senses are engaged in new sights, smells, tastes, and sounds.  The ocean im...