Wednesday, October 24, 2012

wednesday hodgepodge





volume 99--Thanks, Joyce!

1. So, do you like beer?
Yes and I like beer with candy.  I know some people are turning up her/his nose right now, but candy and beer are my favorite treats.

2. What's your least favorite repetitive task?
Paperwork


3. When was the last time you rode a bus? Where was it headed?
The year was 2011.  Hub hates to travel; doesn't want to see the rest of the US or world.  I on the other hand, want to see the world!  In 2011, I booked a bus trip to New York City through Sunshine Tours.  This was a fantastic bus company.  I loved New York and would love to go back.

4. What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end?

The song from my daughters teenage years was "Pissing the Night Away."  When I first heard the song, I really liked the beat.  I thought the words were kissing the night away.  Shocker when I heard the real words and the meaning.

5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night...what was the last thing you 'debated about'?
Can't remember....maybe it was a curfew with daughters.

6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much?
If a person earns money the hard way by working, then I say no-one can't make too much money.  How much is too much, I have no idea-I guess one can say I don't make too much money.

7. Pop-soda-coke-something else...what's it called where you live?
The soft drink is called 'pop' where I live.  When living in Baltimore, I called the soft drink 'soda.'

8. Insert your own random thought here.

#2 daughter and I went to our first Relay for Life meeting Monday night.  #2 daughter is pumped about this-which makes her momma smile :).

5 comments:

  1. Ha #$-sounds like something I would do.

    Beer and candy? Together? I don't think I could do that one : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of beer and candy together before, but my first thought is "the best and worst of tastes together" LOL

    I used to enjoy Relay for Life, but then our county stopped having them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the candy and beer is definitely a strange mix. It is wonderful to be pumped about a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never think to pair beer and candy. I'm not a fan of beer. Maybe my hubby could drink a beer while I ate the candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I always thought that song was called Danny Boy and could never understand most of the lyrics. They used to play that on the arena speakers at sports events!

    I had my last pumpkin ale from the 6-pack hubby bought me last year on Monday and discovered it tasted quite good with pumpkin spice Hershey's Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...