Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday hodgrepodge





1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?

Mostly, I use a hardback/paperback copy.  I like to be able to mark the place and then refer to it as needed.

2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
At my school, we don't have Halloween celebrations.  At the elementary level, I think the kindergartens celebrate Halloween by wearing their costumes to school and then they go around to the businesses in town for Trick or Treat.  At my church, we have a Truck or Treat-people dress up and hand out candy from the trunk of their car on our church parking lot.  This has been a huge success.
As for as other holiday celebrations go, we may put up a Christmas Tree in our rooms or decorate our door.  So far, we have been allowed to do this without 'much heat' from the 'higher ups.'

3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
"Marley and Me" 


4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
About a week ago-no one was home but me.  This is highly unusual-my house is always bubbling with noise.  Hub was gone, grandson at his house, and both daughters not home--too quiet for me.  However, I kinda enjoyed it a teeny bit.




5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
When I cook, I try to clean as I go.  Hub says this is why I am not such a great cook-I have too many pans in the fire at once.  His suggestion is to cook, then clean.

6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
Crazy was my first thought.

7. What's not a word but should be?

The only one I can think of is woot!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 Woot!!!!
Hub got a good report from his oncologist on Monday-next check up is in six months.  I have started a Relay for Life Team-slogan:
Can 'Soar' Society-Together we can rise above cancer.  Have I mentioned lately how much I despise that word???

6 comments:

  1. Marley and me was so so super sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your hubby got a good report from his oncologist. Praying for peace over these next 6 months.

    I liked Marley and Me. Our lab had a fair bit of Marley in her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!! That's happy news! Glad your hubby got a good report! Marley and Me was excellent! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could clean and go! Marley and Me makes me bawl every time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Marley & Me. So happy to hear the good news about your husbands tests. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marely and me was a tearjerker too. So glad your hubs got a good report! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...