Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond

1. Thursday is National Walk To A Park Day. I know these celebratory days are mostly made up, but some are fun to think about. Do you live close enough to a park to walk to one on Thursday? Will you? The most famous park in the world is Central Park located in NYC. Have you ever been to Central Park? What did you think? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to see? 

I live about 30 minutes away from a park, Hungry Mother's State Park and the Creeper Trail.  Also, there is a walking park about 3 minutes away from me.  In the summer, I go to the walking park.  I will not walk on Thursday because of a high school football game.  Yes, on a Thursday night because of not being able to find enough referees . 

I have been to New York City several times but have never been to Central Park.  Maybe one day I can go. 

2. Something you've done recently that turned out to be a 'walk in the park'? 

Digging up my potatoes.  Because of the dry, hot summer, my garden was almost a wipe out.  A friend used his tractor to dip up the potatoes.  Last year, it was some work, turning the potatoes over by hand  to let them dry.  Not this year, it was a 'walk in the park' because I didn't have that many.

3. Can you parallel park? Do you have to do this often where you live? 

I CANNOT parallel park!!!  I have to do this often, BUT I won't.  I drive around till I can find a place to just pull in.

4. The colors of fall...red, brown, russet, golden bronze, golden yellow, purplish red, light tan, crimson, orange red, and scarlet. Are these colors you like to wear? Is this your season in terms of color? What about your home? Would we see these tones in your home decorating? 

Most of these colors I wear...red, brown, russet, golden bronze, golden yellow, light tan, crimson, orange red, and scarlet, and I like wearing these colors.  The color of this season is beautiful. I always tell myself, fall is when God gets out his paintbrush and paints the mountains.  

In my home, I do have light tan and golden yellow walls.  I have crimson rugs and scarlet pillows. I have been wanting to change some wall colors but just haven't had a chance yet.


5. What part of history do you find most interesting? Elaborate. 

I find the Holocaust interesting. 

My aunt was a  Jew.  My uncle (on my mother's side) met her during the war; they were married and lived in Baltimore. I can remember listening to her stories she often told me during the summers when I went to Baltimore.

Teaching the Holocaust to my students, is my type of literature. I always tell my students studying the lives and struggles of my students helps us appreciate culture and ideas. History repeats itself and helps us learn a lesson.



6. Insert your own random thought here.

Many people have shown up to help others this past week.  There are still roads that are impassable, but we have been in school on a 2hr. delay schedule.  Students need to feel some normalcy in their life.  

I mentioned to my Sunday School Class on Sunday, that most have all they need at the moment.  I am concerned about the future. It is almost like a death.  All show up at the beginning, but a couple of weeks later the need is still there and no one helps. And we have to remember these people have lost EVERYTHING!!!  They still have no where to live!  We need to think about the long term needs...blankets, warmer clothes, and little children have lost their favorite stuffed animal..so we plan on doing something around Thanksgiving.

There has been another ripple in the pond.  My principal resigned the first of October.  No one knew or saw this coming....so we (teachers) are trying to survive.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!


2 comments:

  1. Tammy, Thank you so much for sharing your random thought. There is so much that can be done and it is for the long haul for so many people. I feel the same way about those who become widows. Help and concern is there to begin with but they need ongoing support. Sorry about your situation at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your answers. That park and trail sound a bit creepy haha...I agree with your random thought. I remember when my mom passed away...after a certain time, everyone went back to life as normal and I was still grieving and struggling. Hopefully people continue to get the help they need.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Thursday is National Walk To A Park Day. I know these celebratory days are mostly made up, but some are fun to think about. Do you live c...