Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What's a skill you think everyone should have? 

Besides every day life skills (balancing bank statements, housekeeping, etc.), I think a skill everyone should have critical thinking skills.  Critical thinking skills are important because it allows you to gather knowledge, process the information, and arrive at a decision.  This is lacking today in most schools.  Students do not know how to think for themselves; they want the answers told to them. I try to explain to my students this is a skill that they need and having this skill helps to build confidence.

2. Do you have a special place or organizational system for gift wrapping? Do you still buy 'real' cards to send for birthdays, anniversaries, get-well, etc? 

Yes, I have a system for gift-wrapping.  My gift-wrapping is organized by occasions; Christmas in one section, birthday paper in another section.  I still buy 'real' cards.  I think this has become a lost art because of social media, but I enjoy getting cards so I send cards.

3. It's National Banana Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite thing to make with bananas or, if you're not a cook, your favorite thing to eat that contains banana? 

Definitely a fan.  I just like eating a 'plain ole' banana dipped in peanut butter.  I do not care for a lot of foods that contain bananas...I know that sounds strange.

4. Do you believe in second chances? Elaborate. 

It depends on the circumstances.  There would be some circumstances I could not give a second chance for example a cheating spouse or a murderer because this is a choice.

However, I do believe in second chances for some circumstances.  We all make mistakes and we need to learn from our mistakes. Some people can grown and change overtime and they deserve an opportunity for a second chance. Giving a person a second chance, gives them an opportunity to prove themselves worth.I have been given a second chance before which I am eternally grateful.

5. What is your idea of fun? 

Riding motorcycles!!  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

4 comments:

  1. YES Critical thinking! Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Critical thinking is a good one. Getting a second chance is a good thing, but not always an easy thing to give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ride motorcycles?! I don't think I knew that. Amen to critical thinking. It's in short supply in 2024. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your answers. Critical thinking is definitely a good one.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge....letter Y

  Y Yogurt Maybe it is because I am starving, but yogurt with berries make me smile.  I can't eat lunch till 1:15 and I as beyond hungry...