Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What do you find is the most boring part of your life at the moment? 

At the moment, nothing is boring!!  I am scheduling a trip for next week, trying to complete all my lesson plans before going, and I have THREE students to test and complete all the necessary paperwork that is required before next week.  Shew!!  Plus, I have been elected as co-vice president of a community activity and signed up for line dancing and I don't want to miss line dancing because I don't want to be behind on the routine BUT this trip has thrown a wrench in my days.

2. February 22nd is George Washington's birthday. You'll find his face on the US $1 bill. What's the last thing you bought for roughly $1.00? (.94 €/ .83 £)

I think it was last week, I bought a small (very small) bag of Doritos from the cafeteria because I had forgotten my lunch!

3. Is it ever okay to tell a 'little white lie'? Explain. 

Yes, if it is beneficial.  For example, if someone gives you a gift you don't really like, I would tell the person, first of all, thank you for the gift and I like it very much.  I wouldn't want to hurt that person's feelings.

4. What's the last thing you 'chopped'? Cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries, a bowl of cherries, cherry vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, a cherry lifesaver...your favorite cherry flavored something? 

 I DO NOT like any cherry flavored ANYTHING!!

5. Describe yourself with three words using your first, middle, and last initials. 

Tenderhearted (I watch Rudolph and cry)

Happy-go-lucky

Dependable

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Looking forward to my trip with the grandsons, but hate the 'stuff' that I need to do beforehand.  Because I live alone, I make sure someone watches my house (not that it is a big house but one never knows and I do set my alarm), checks my mail, call the bank to secure my credit card, make sure my mother has everything she needs while I am gone, PLUS making sure all paperwork for school is complete.

On a more positive thought, the temps are in the middle 70s today AND NO RAIN for a couple of days!!  WooHoo!!

5 comments:

  1. Our temps are the same here, thankfully. Going down to South Florida this weekend and thinking "wow, I can wear shorts!" because here, well get 70s then it'll be 40s again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having warmer weather here too. I'm pretty much with you on the nothing cherry flavored, but I do like Bing cherries. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're going somewhere fun with the boys! We may hit 80 tomorrow but then it drops back down into the 60's on Friday. I know spring is coming because my allergies are already kicking in. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there's always a way to word things so that you can be polite and nice without lying, but I agree that I would rather tell a fib about liking a gift than hurt someone's feelings. How nice that nothing is boring right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers....hoping you got everything done that needed doing and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...