Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge




From this Side of the Pond

1. Pantone's color of the year for 2023 is Viva Magenta. Etsy's color(s) of the year are indigo and honeycomb. Your thoughts? Would we find any of these three shades in your home or wardrobe? Is there a room in your house that needs painting this year? Will you do it yourself or hire out? 

I like Viva Magenta.  I can vision myself buying/purchasing something in this color. I am thinking...but I have gray trim in one room of my house and painting the wall Viva magenta would look nice.  If I decide to paint, it will be me doing the painting!  Not many people I know who paints. 

Not really a fan of indigo or honeycomb.

2. Something you had to do recently that could be described 'as exciting as watching paint dry'? 

I can't think of anything boring that I have done recently.

3. Who would you most like to sit beside on a 10-hour flight? Tell us why? Have you ever taken a 10-hour flight? 

Peyton Manning!!  I love Tennessee Football and his nickname is "The Sheriff" so we have something in common because the principal at my school calls me "The New Sheriff in Town."  I just feel like he is a down to earth kinda guy that I could carry on a conversation with.

I have taken a 10 hr flight and it really didn't seem like 10 hours but that may be because I slept most of the way.

4. What's something you did growing up that would get you into trouble? 

Not completing my chores in a timely manner.  My mother always gave me a list of chores to have d ANDone before she returned home.  Maybe some of the chores were complete but not all AND I was in deep trouble. I hated hearing the words, "Grounding you hurts me more than it does you."  Yeah, right?

5. According to Google the top searches in 2022 were- Wordle, election results, Betty White, Queen Elizabeth, Bob Saget, Ukraine, Mega Millions, Powerball numbers, Anne Heche, and Jeffrey Dahmer. 

Hmmm...what does this say about us? How many of these words did you search last year? What would you guess was your most 'googled' word/phrase/question. 

I didn't search any of these searches.  I guess, I am content with knowing what I know before searching or these topics don't interest me.

I guess the most 'google' word/phrase/question would be Wordle.  I am constantly seeing posts about Wordle on FB.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Flowers from my grandsons.  They painted the vase (help from their Mama) and each heart is one of their thumbprints.

The Basketball team had a game last week-Coaches for Cancer.  All money raised (concession stand, pass the bucket, half-half tickets, and half-court shoot out) all went to American Cancer Society.



A player and a coach were playing for my late hub.

Have a great rest of the Week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that was nice of them to play for him

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute gift from your grandsons. How sweet of them to play for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I struggle to sleep on flights. I feel like I'll snore, drool or drop my head on my neighbor...haha. Love the gift from your grandsons and that the coach and player played for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vase is super sweet : ) I almost said Peyton too lol. I'd think he'd be fun to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a worthwhile fundraiser. Love the thumbprint hearts from your grands. Sweet. Hope the rest of your week is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gift from your grandchildren, and what wonderful support and encouragement from the coach and player who played for your husband.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter N

  N Neighborly I smile when I see people being a good neighbor.   Today, many people have no idea who their neighbor is.  How sad is that? B...