1. Something you've done recently that required you giving 110% ?
I would have to say going back to teaching part-time after retiring is requiring me to give 110%. I arrive early, stay late, bring papers home to work on, and I am helping a new teacher who is in my field...I hope she doesn't regret her major...but we have both had some real 'eye openers' this past week which was only yesterday!
2. What task-sport-chore-hobby-activity have you participated in or completed, that if judged, would land you a perfect 10?
Being a Mamaw!
3. What are ten of your favorite things right now?
1. Seeing grandkids
2. Being able to attend outings with family...birthday celebrations, cookouts
3. Attending church service in person
4. Seeing young adults at schools with friends and enjoying themselves
5. Enjoying less humidity
6. Attending high school football games
7. Watching college football games on television
8. Drinking iced coffee
9. Packing backpacks (full of food)for kids less fortunate...packed over 360 last week
10. Teaching and learning new things
5. Where were you when the world stopped turning, twenty years ago this week?
I was at school and was having to leave at lunch for a conference out of town. I just knew I wouldn't have to go, BUT I did. Thankful, I had reservations at the hotel because so many people were stranded from the airport. I remember the sky being so eeie feeling....no sound at all and all the restaurants around the airport had closed so the snack machine was my food source. The next day at the conference, the topic was not on Reading but on what had happened in New York. I was so glad to get home and just hug my daughters.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Something funny...Last Thursday, I had my mom calling me and my aunt. Well, I hadn't checked my voice mailbox in forever and it was full. They both became worried because I wasn't answering my phone. I also had a message from our youth minister, which I hadn't replied. My aunt called my minister and asked him if he would come by and check on me. I was at the CAR WASH having my my car cleaned and vacuumed. I didn't hear the phone ringing. I was totally surprised and shocked when I got home and had realized my messages!! Lord, they had a tribe looking for me. Glad to know I have people who care!!! Since then, I double check my voice mailbox!!
Have a great rest of the week!