1. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure?
Went to Hawaii in 2019 and most definitely would love a return trip. I stayed on the island of Maui and the sunsets are absolutely breathtaking. Seven days wasn't long enough!!
Pineapple my pleasure and just finished some for breakfast yesterday morning. Hawaii has the best tasting Pineapples!!!
2. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain.
For the past three years I have been 'thrown in at the deep end'. With hubs death, I was responsible for the business end of the pharmacy (which I knew very little about), house repairs, vehicle upkeeps, and some financial stuff. And then with the death of my daughter, who was the pharmacist, learning to sell the business. Shew! I have learned a lot and I am still learning and it can be so overwhelming.
3. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer?
How about the ocean with the sand in my toes. There is just something so calming and relaxing about it.
4. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way.
Draw a line in the sand....I tried and let it happened again to me. Then I cried and cried. Even with family, I must guard my heart because it is just too painful.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land?
Gosh this is a tough one maybe a 6. My parents were strict but not too strict. but I respected their rules and I knew the consequences of my rule breaking, but then again, I didn't want to disrespect my parents. Today, I think there are many who don't care to disrespect their parents or hurt them. No matter when their parents try to help them or what their parents try to tell them they still show disrespect. It is just a different world now then when I was growing up.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I need to quit being in contact (family ) with someone who isn't good for my mental health. I was adjusting pretty good to a certain situation (still hurt) but let the person back in and helped this person tremendously. Only to find out I was their work slave. So my weekend was not the best...too much crying. I learned a lesson... a hard lesson. Just guard my heart and keep my distance.