Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge...Stepping Into Spring




 1. "Hope springs eternal"...discuss. 

This past 2020, I think we all had hope, at least I did.   Hope springs eternal helps me to face challenges and boy have we all had to face challenges in more ways than we could ever imagine.  BUT we are surviving and we are seeing the light!

2. Last time you needed to 'spring into action' or 'spring to someone's defense'...explain. 

Sunday, I received a phone call and had to quickly spring into action and stand firm.

3. Tulips or daffodils? baby birds or baby bunnies? The cherry tree or the dogwood tree? Jelly beans or peeps? March madness or spring training? Peas or carrots? 

Tulips, baby birds, dogwood tree, jelly beans, March madness, and carrots.  The house where hub and I lived had the most beautiful dogwood trees and tulips were planted around the base of the tree.  I miss that scene. I went looking for a bag of jelly beans and I can't find them.


4. I read an article here on the South's best cities on the rise. They are-Baton Rouge Louisiana, Fayetteville Arkansas, Greenville South Carolina, Huntsville Alabama, Lexington Kentucky, Norfolk Virginia, Tulsa Oklahoma, Waco Texas, Wilmington North Carolina, and Winston-Salem North Carolina. Of the cities listed how many have you seen in person? Which one on the list would you most like to see? Have you spent much time in the southern states (USA)? Any spring road trips on your calendar? 

I have seen 6 of these cities...some were when the girls were in school and related to school trips.  Most of my trips have been to the southern states; wishing for trips to the New England states.  No trips on my calendar at the moment.

5. Tell us how your outdoor space needs sprucing up this spring? Which do you enjoy more (or hate the least-ha!) yard work or house work?

I have a huge tree in the back yard.  It provides great shade.  The winds have been fierce and so many little twigs are scattered all across the yard.  Couple of weeks ago, I began picking them up and the yard was looking pretty good. That didn't last long with the wind; the yard is covered again with these limp skinny twigs. 

Last fall, I tore up my mower because I ran over a tree root (I knew it was there and had been so careful mowing).  I tore up my lawn. I should have left the mower where it died but no I had to move it and the blade did a number on my lawn.  When the weather stays warm, lawn repair to the rescue.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I saw an ad that if you show your card when you are fully vaccinate Krispy Kreme is giving away doughnuts!  

Giving the writing Standards of Learning Test to the students who are not attending in person ....Shew!  Wednesdays are scheduled for deep cleaning, meetings, etc. but with the state mandating state tests this was the only day available for virtual learners to come in the building.

I did enjoy my Bible Study last Wednesday evening and looking forward to tonight.

6 comments:

  1. What a great promo at Krispy Kreme! They always have fun promotions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a lot of wind lately and North Florida thinks it is fall and spring at the same time so leaves are everywhere. My kids keep raking but it keeps coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea the wind blows so ferociously in Texas until we moved here. It actually howls. Had no idea. That is quite the promotion for Krispy Kreme, but since I'm not getting the shot or eat KK, I won't benefit from it at all. And aren't the school systems in a mess! My granddaughter teaches online Kindergarten. Can you even imagine that? She is burned out already. So sad for her and especially the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. There are no Krispy Kreme stores where I live. We can get the donuts in the supermarket, but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if I were your neighbor it would be a safe bet to say I swiped your bag of jellies : ) I hope all kids are in school in person next year. It needs to happen. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twigs, leave and all the mess that trees create is exactly why, when we built 5 years ago, we built on a treeless lot. We have a pond just a few feet from our backdoor and woods on the other side of the pond, so we have plenty of trees in sight but, none to clean up after. We cleaned up after trees for over 35 years and had had enough. :o)) Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter V

  V Veggies 'Smile you're on veggie camera' I love vegetables more than meat.  I can do without meat, but not my veggies. In my ...