Thank you Joyce for helping us keep our sanity through all this going on in our country. I look forward so much to your weekly Hodgepodge.
If others would like to join our little party...hop on over.
1. Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? What emotions are associated with the planning process? Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha!
Making plans to celebrate my birthday on Friday..Woo hoo!! We will be having a crab boil with family.
I am not overly excited or anything.
2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively?
With the rainy and cloudy weather there has been a few starless nights. I like looking at the stars at night and imagining another universe.
3. Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure?
Lately, I have been putting blueberries in my smoothies....so refreshing after a long day of doing yard work.
4. swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?
All this chaos in the world today and now affecting my little neck of the woods in my small community makes my head swim. What is wrong with being kind, being respectful, and being able to agree to disagree? Each morning I do my devotions and pray for our world, country, and my community. Each of us go through heartaches that is unexplainable and is out of our control and this chaos we are all experiencing (riots/fighting, COVID, wear a mask/not wear a mask, lashing out to others on Facebook, the anger towards others) makes my head swim.
Can one imagine living in a world where we smile and are kind to one another? I use to live in this kind of world.
5. Sum up your June in a single sentence.
Pounding my way through June.
How I release the stress of the day and the negativity in the world.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been dealing with blind issues for two weeks. Blinds were purchased and picked up. A fellow came to install them BUT one of the blinds was missing some parts. Two days later another fellow came AND the parts were wrong. I called to check on the status today and was told someone would be calling me soon (my definition of soon is N OW) and letting me know when he would be back to finish installing the blinds.
I need to take a page from my book...just be kind BUT when I have already paid for them I would just like to have this job finished.