First, I would like to scream from my roof....THANK YOU JOYCE!!!
1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it? Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.
Something Sad....My husband passed away in November 2018 with colon cancer. My oldest daughter, Amanda (age32) passed away unexpectedly January 2020.
Happy---my youngest daughter, Emily had twins March 9, 2020...identical twin boys.
2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.
1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out
I am currently a 4
I am currently a 4
3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delcious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?
I have never been a cook...so I guess something delicious I have cooked would have to be a can of cabbage, mac and cheese, and cornbread.
Margaret Holmes and Bob Evans and I have become friends :)
4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?
I really like the television show 'This Is Us' although my hub hated this show. He complained that it was too hard to follow. Sad that the season ended tonight.
5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.
There have been so many comments on homeschooling this week. One of the funniest is TP shortaage may be due to schools being closed because Teachers are now able to use the bathroom whenever they want! This is so true....right all my teacher friends?
6. Insert your own random thought here
My deceased daughter was a pharmacist and I would like all to thank and pray for all pharmacist. They are also on the front lines, too. Many days daughter would tell me she was able to eat a few crackers in her 12 hour shift. Keep all pharmacist and techs close at heart.
My oldest daughter, Amanda, graduating from Appalachian College of Pharmacy.