Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Rewind






First, I made it-for two days-(three -day week) of school without much of a problem.

Little man-aka-grandson spent the night with us on Monday.  He even came to Zumba class for the last half hour.  He had rode his bike to watch me Zumba-I must be pretty fascinating to watch-LOL! I woke him up early on Tuesday morning (I had to get to school) and I wanted him to be able to go to sleep easily since his first day of kindergarten was Wednesday.
 Still a little sleepy on Tuesday.

On Wednesday my mind kept thinking about him and wondering what he was doing. During my planning period while checking my e-mail I noticed I had gotten an e-mail from his teacher.  My stomach was dong flip-flops.  I opened the e-mail and this is the just of it-As little man was going through the lunch line, the lunch lady asked him if he wanted white milk or chocolate milk.  Little man replied very nicely-"No thank-you-I believe I would like to have a sweet tea, please."  His kindergarten teacher said at that moment she lost it.  I do believe I would have too.  Later that evening I watched him get off the bus at my school, and he had a skip in his step.  A sure sign it was a good day-tiring day but good.
He eats lunch very early, (Mammow always knows) and I had brought a snack for him to have in the afternoon.


He had to call Buddy, that is what he calls my hub and tell him all about his day.  I know I will soon blink my eyes and he will be walking across the stage receiving his diploma.

Like I said earlier, a three day week and I made it two without any problems.  Friday afternoon I heard this strange noise as I was grading papers.  I got up from my desk and was walking toward the noise-yuck-my air conditioning was leaking.  Water wall all over the place,  I called for the custodian and began mopping very quickly.  We turned the ac off and the maintenance men were called.  What a mess it was.  Luckily it happened before I left-I don't even want to imagine what my room would have looked like on Monday morning.

Spent the day Saturday catching up on house chores.  People say it is hard on children going back to school but let me tell you, it is just as hard on teachers trying to get back in the swing of things.  That afternoon little man came down to ride his truck and play with a friend.


Oh, the care-free days of summer are coming to an end.

Hub and I grilled out Saturday evening and sat outside until the wee hours of the morning just listening to nature.  I know there are not many nights and evenings like this left so I was soaking it all in.

Hub left Sunday to attend  a meeting.  Our church had a dinner, and I was glad I went.  Great food and fellowship for a lonely evening.  It seems like yesterday I was saying, I wish I had some time to myself and now I do and I don't like it one bit!  So be careful what you wish for.

Tomorrow begins a full week of school-hopefully I will make it and hopefully my ac will be working.

Have a great week and Enjoy Life!
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...