Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weekend Rewind




Weekend Rewind...

A rainy, dreary, weekend here in Southwest Virginia.  I would rather see snow than all this rain.  Just my thoughts about the weather.

I love this time of year with all the hustle and bustle.  I have always enjoyed rushing around from place to place-I can feel the excitement in the air. I attended three Christmas Events/Parties over this rainy, dreary,weekend.


  December is one of my busiest months, but also my roomiest.  I do enjoy rushing from one event to the next, I know call me a little 'crazy', decorating the house, cooking (can't believe I mentioned this one), and reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas. To me, Christmas is about gratitude and that is something I don't forget no matter how busy I get during the Christmas Season. It is one of my roomiest months for reflecting on our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I wish I could carry this feeling with me throughout the year, but I must admit-I don't. However, this is a goal I am going to strive for next year.


As I was reading my scripture this morning before leaving for school, I really thought about the true meaning of Christmas.  John 14:27  Jesus came to give us peace.  He didn't meant for us to make Christmas bigger and better every year with all our decorations and frenzy or even feel like we were all wrung out.  Peace, Joy, Gratitude, God-this is Christmas.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...