Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday hodgepodge










1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.

No not really.

2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week? 

Dasher-because I have been dashing from one place to another!

3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?

Right now it would have to be too loud!   I have too many irons in the fire right now and the noise gets to me.



4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo! 

When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do?  If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through? 

Daughter says I am at fault in going ahead and doing something before giving a person a chance.  I just like to be on top of things.  I just jump in and do it-without waiting on someone to do it.  
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?

Dreaded task will be undecorating-all wants to help decorate but none wants to help take it down.  My favorite holiday task is Christmas morning breakfast.  Hub and I wake up super early.  The house is so quiet and I turn on the radio listening to Christmas music as we begin the task of preparing breakfast.  Hub does most of the cooking-which he loves.  Our menu consists of: ham, sausage, bacon, gravy, biscuits, toast, scrambled eggs, Belgium Waffles (with blueberries/strawberries), fried oysters (a must since hub was a little boy), fried apples, veggie omelets for me.  I just love our Christmas morning time preparing breakfast for our family.

6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot.  Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was yourmost talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)


That would have to be our new business-with all the talk about health care and all.  I don't want to get myself in a bad mood by talking about health care issues in this country because it is the season to be jolly.  I will save this little vindictive comment for next year!

7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?

Stumped on this one-can't wait to read others answers.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I haven't wrapped one present!!!! and no snow day is in sight and my week nights and weekends are jammed packed!!

5 comments:

  1. #5 is nearly identical as my answer...it's always a dreaded task taking DOWN the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas breakfast too. We always have something sweet, like coffeecake or cranberry bread while opening stockings, then a breakfast casserole for breakfast. I like that because I make it the day before. Your breakfast sound delish! Love me some fried oysters anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't enjoy de-decorating either, though we usually try to have it done before the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking down decorations is not my cup of tea, either! I have been wrapping presents every time one arrives in the mail, that way I'm not snowed under all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't wrapped anything either! Nothing under our tree but fat cats!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...