Wednesday, November 6, 2013









. My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings?  If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?

My brother, who is younger, are not very much alike.  However, my aunt, who is only 2 years older than I are very much alike.  My aunt's birthday is Thursday.  Years ago,I would have never called her Aunt Ellen.  Now I love calling her Aunt Ellen!

2.  What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?

Getting ready for college, having butterflies in my stomach, and being a little scared of leaving home.

3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?

Painter because I can't dance, I get stage fright, and I am not good working with my hands.

4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?

It would have to be wood burning stoves.  Growing up, I remember walking down the street- not a care in the world- to my friend's house and smelling all the wood burning stoves and seeing smoke coming from the chimneys.  My neighbor now still has a wood burning stove and late last night while I was outside I could smell the wood burning.

5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month).  Are you a lover or a hater?  What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter? 

Love, love, love peanut butter.
Chocolate peanut butter brownies




6. What do people thank you personally for most often

Parents often thank me on Sunday mornings.  I teach Wee Worship (3 & 4 yr.old) from around 10:45-12:15 every Sunday.  It is nice to be appreciated!

7. What event this year are you most thankful for?

I can't name just one.
For starters thankful that #1 daughter graduated from pharmacy school and passed both state board exams.
Thankful that #2 daughter was accepted into the doctorate physical therapy program.
Thankful that hub continues to get a good report when seeing the oncologist.
I am already thanking God for a good report #1 daughter will receive tomorrow (Wednesday) when seeing her cardiologist at UVA in Charlottesville.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Nervous about daughter's appointment tomorrow with her cardiologist at UVA.  Prayers please.
A beautiful picture this morning-red sky.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo! I will add your girl to my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an appointment with my cardiologist this coming monday, so I know just how anxious you are...prayers are lifted.

    I too love the smell of a wood burning stove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can guarantee that I'll say prayers for your daughter that she receives good and encouraging news! My granny and grandpa heated their little house with a wood burning stove, so I know that smell quite well myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your daughter!!!

    Wood burning stoves are a favorite scent for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers to Joyce's questions. I will keep you daughter in my prayers. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...