Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge










1. Labor Day weekend (in the US of A) is approaching...what's something you've labored over this year? 

Getting our new business off the ground.

2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career?

Rewarding.  Teaching is a rewarding job.  We (teachers) do not know about the rewards until many years later when a graduate sends us a card thanking us for all we had done many years ago or when someone just says if it wasn't for you I do not know what I would have done.  Teachers do more than teach-much behind the scenes goes on that the public is unaware of.  I love my job!

3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever? Why?
During the summer of my college days, I had a job working in a factory-sheet rock boards.  I decided right then and there to finish college and get a degree.

4. How do you measure contentment?

Tough one-I think one can measure contentment by happiness, but then life throws in a devastating curve ball and...  I really don't know the answer to this one.

5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle?

I like pickles-favorites would be dill and bread and butter.  

6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to?

The library.

7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close?

My summer has already closed-school is now in session.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Looking forward to opening up part of our business Friday evening after the high school football game-so stop by for coffee/cake after the game if you are in my neck of the woods.

5 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well with your test launch : ) Seems like the timing is good, with football season kicking in. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you great success on your new business venture...and a successful school year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best wishes go to you with your new business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes with your new business venture!

    You like living close to the library--spoken like a true teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I were close to the library...we have a little local town one - that has less books then I own. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter O

  O Ocean The Ocean is My Happy Place When I am at the ocean, my senses are engaged in new sights, smells, tastes, and sounds.  The ocean im...