Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend Rewind...


Weekend Rewind...

This past week has seemed like a month--a long week that I thought would never end!

Glad for the weekend.


Packed up our boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  So proud of having a neighbor who organized all of this.



Proud of the three & four year old children even though it took some-no a lot- of coaxing to pack the boxes without the things being theirs.


  Hub and I took grandson out to eat for breakfast; pancakes are his favorite.


  On the way I had a surprise call from my sorority sister-Susan.  I had accidentally butt called her and she had listened to Charlie and my conversation in the vehicle.  Need I say more-ahem.....




A beautiful day.....the trees are still holding their leaves-surprisingly after our first snowfall.


After eating, we headed to Books A Million.  Grandson loves this place, and he can stay for hours with no problem at all-just like me. I enjoy downloading books, but there is something about holding a book and flipping back and forth through the pages I miss.  Is this just plain old fashion?

We had to cut our 'little outing' short because hub wasn't feeling too well.  We headed home, and hub went to bed.  Nate kept checking on him and asking if he was feeling any better.  Since hub was first diagnosed with colon cancer, I must admit I get scared when he isn't feeling too well.  I was glad Nate kept checking on him; that way I was relieved.  I didn't want hub to think I was too worried -this would ease his mind.  

Hub stayed in bed, and I went to get the movie Hunger Games.  I had read the books, but hadn't seen the movie.  For once, the movie was like the book. Enjoyed the movie while hub slept peacefully in bed.

Sunday was another gorgeous day. Hub woke up feeling much better. Our Veteran's Day Program at church was superb!  There wasn't a dry eye in the building.  As a citizen of this country, I can never thank a veteran enough for what he/she has and continues to do for my country.

http://youtu.be/_gJMc2NK2WQ

1 comment:

  1. Ha-love the phone call. That could have been awkward : )

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...