Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
Can I answer both?  I just did.  March 1 & 2 beautiful with sunny skies and temperatures in  high 60;s to low 70's.  March 3rd-storm with tornado warnings issued and in and out of basement we traveled.  March 4th-snow storm warning-a couple inches of snow.  I do not like this up and down roller coaster weather we are experiencing.
2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free), or Alex (Madagascar)? You may notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.
Mufasa
3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?
The beach!!
4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?
They both can be very powerful.  The difference--truth-is being very honest and it can also be hurtful-but you wanted the truth, right?  Knowledge is an awareness of something-but knowledge can also be false understanding.
5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?
Nothing
6. Bottled water...your thoughts?
I don't drink bottled water......unless I have to be traveling and need to grab a drink but don't want a soft drink.  However, I am one who can't just drink plain water-unless I am really, really thirsty--I usually put some type of flavor in water. 
My thoughts.....I wish I would have thought of bottled water!!!! 

7. What's your strongest sense?
I don't know if I have one stronger than the other-but if I need to pick one, I would say hearing and smelling--Huh Oh--that is two!
8. Insert your own random thought here
Today was the first day of taking the Standards of Learning Test (Virginia) part one--multiple choice.  Tomorrow will be the second part of the test-students are given a topic and asked to write about that topic.  Today a student told me he had heard if students fail the test, then the teachers are fired. I replied to the student--you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  I give you the information and you have to apply it. Teacher evaluations are being based on students' test scores.  In my opinion, not very fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...