Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Enjoy Life--Wednesday's Hodgpodge






1. Do you like your name? Were you named after someone? If you have children how did you settle on their names? I like my name-Tamara Lena--I was named after my great-grandmother 'Lena'. With my first daughter--Amanda Christine--I chose the name Amanda (I just liked that name-no particular reason) and my husband chose Christine-after a TV show he liked. My second daughter Dorothy Sarah Emaline--yep three names-has a different story. My oldest daughter, Amanda, was born with a heart defect. She has had two open-heart surgeries-healthy now and is in pharmacy school!!! Anyway-her cardiologist was a very special person to us-her name was Dorothy (that's where her fist name came from) second name-Sarah is after my grandmother who was very special to me and third name-Emaline was after my husband's grandmother--However---we call her Emily--or sometimes Em.


2. How do you define success?
Success is an emotion you feel after completing a project-a moment that is hard to capture. It is also a feeling of termination (good termination feeling).
Success does come with hard work and determination. As the saying goes-if at first you don't succeed try, try again.

3. Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy?
I enjoy Wheel of Fortune--I think it is the puzzles and a kinda of gambling feeling. I do get very frustrated with contestants when the puzzle is obvious, but the contestants don't see it.

4. If you could own any single object that you don't have now, what would it be?
Hmmm... I honestly can't think of anything I want that I don't have. Is this saying I have too much???? or maybe I am content with what I have. I prefer the later.

5. What is something that inspires you?
The Bible--this is a book I go to for inspiration. A person that inspires me is a person who is kind, compassionate, and always thinks of others before they think of theirself.

6. Meatloaf--yay or nay
Nay on the meatloaf. One day I will share my meatloaf story (what a story to tell)!! My daughters love to tell the meatloaf story on their mom. As a matter of fact, my oldest daughter wrote an essay about it while still in school. Let's just say I am well known for this story and not the cook of the house!!!

7. Which is more admirable-the ability to organize and be methodical or the ability to adapt and make do?
The abiltiy to adapt and make do is more admirable. Yep we all plan, but when the plan does not go like we wish-we must adapt and make do-make the best of a situation. This ability requires creative thinking and spur of the moments decisions.

8. Random thoughts: Boy is it hard getting back into the routine of school!!! I feel like my body and mind is in overdrive!!!!! My students feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter O

  O Ocean The Ocean is My Happy Place When I am at the ocean, my senses are engaged in new sights, smells, tastes, and sounds.  The ocean im...