Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge



From this Side of the Pond
1. Oxford's Word of the Year for 2023 is 'rizz'. Hmmm...before today had you ever heard the word? Do you know what it means? (Apparently it's short for charisma) Have you ever used the word? If you were in charge of the world, what word would you declare word of the year for 2023?

I have not heard of this word.
X  would be by word of the year.  Elon changed Twitter to X so this is my word.  X stands for the 'unknown' and I feel we are living in the unknown never knowing what to expect anymore.

2. What's one word you tend to abbreviate in your writing or speech? (as in rizz for charisma)

Administration....ADMIN.

3. Are you a Hallmark movie watcher this time of year? What's your favorite character from a holiday- themed movie, book, or TV special? 

I do watch a few Hallmark movies. My favorite character has been Kristy Swanson.  She was great in the movie, A Christmas Wish.

4. Something you look forward to eating this month? 

I just finished telling a colleague yesterday that I was tired of Christmas food!   I love how my son-in-law smokes ham.  So, I am looking forward to eating smoked ham.


5. What's the most stressful part of the holiday season for you? 

I think I have made a mistake planning this Pennsylvania/New York trip.  I told a friend I was leaving next Saturday when I am leaving this Saturday!!  Being in school till Friday and leaving Saturday. one can say right now I am a bit stressed out considering I haven't baked one thing!  But in the end, it will all be okay.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

We took our 8th graders to Pigeon Forge Friday.  The students had a great time and were so well behaved.  It was a looong day...leaving school at 7:00 am and returning at 11:pm.  It was a long day!

Saturday, I was able to meet some ole friends.



Sunday evening was the kids Christmas Program at church.  If you are having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit (which I do) then a children's Christmas Program will brighten your day.


My two grandsons were a sheep and a donkey.

Blake was a rapper.



We ( I) need to slow down and just enjoy this peaceful season and remember the true meaning of Christmas.


https://youtu.be/NzEX3QMuVPM?feature=shared

Merry Christmas!























6 comments:

  1. It's funny; I love a Christmas ham but we don't make one because no one else does. We always have a turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like little ones to put you in the Christmas spirit. You deserve a star for taking a big group to Pigeon Forge this time of year. That sounds super stressful to me lol. You will enjoy NY...nothing like it this time of year. I feel like we put so much pressure on ourselves to do all the things, when really a few things suffice. Safe travels and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had smoked ham (for the first time) this past weekend... my husband got a smoker for father's day this year and has so much fun smoking everything on it. I'm not usually a ham fan but I really liked the smoked ham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about children's Christmas programs. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have our Children's Christmas Play this Sunday and I'm looking forward to it. How fun to watch your grandchildren. Hope you enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. smoked ham sounds delicious - I haven't had that in a long time! I also haven't done very much holiday baking at all. Every year I have intentions of starting early and spreading out the work, and I never really do it, so I understand being a little stressed about that. Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and are not stressed at all!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...