Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. What's one fun thing on your December calendar? 

I have a trip planned with grandsons, daughter, and son-in-law.  First stop, Hershey Pennsylvania to see Sesame Street and the Chocolate Factory.  Then off to New York.  Daughter and son-in-law will attend a basketball game at Madison Square Garden.  We will on go on the Polar Express and see many more things.  Leaving the day after school is out for break and returning the 22nd.  I am excited about this trip.


2. Sherwin William's Color of the Year for 2024 is Upward, described as 'a hint of silver lining', 'a breezy blissful blue' (see sample here). Benjamin Moore's Color of the Year for 2024 is Blue Nova, where 'violet and blue come together in a sumptuous hue'. (see sample here) Valspar's Color of the Year for 2024 is Renew Blue, a balanced blue with a touch of grayed sea -green' (see sample here)


Seems like the design world is keen on the color blue for the new year. Do you have a lot of blue in your home decor currently? What shade? Of the three colors listed which one's your favorite? Do you need to paint? How likely is it you'd select one of these shades for your home? Which one? 

I do not have any blue in my home.  Of the three colors listed, I would chose 'a breezy blissful blue'. Oh, I definitely need to paint but no use right now with my house full of other people.  I can see myself purchasing a breezy blissful blue.  

3. Do you struggle with 'the seasonal blues'? What are some things you do to try to beat the blues? 

Yes!!!  I try to get outside as much as possible.

4 I. Blue jeans...love 'em or no? How many pair do you own? Are you married to a particular brand? 

I don't mind wearing blue jeans.  I do think they are not as warm as leggings.  I probably own around 10 pairs.  I am married to two particular brands...Kan kan jeans and Judy Blue Jeans.

5. In terms of holiday preparation (baking, shopping, wrapping, mailing, meal planning, etc) how far along are you? 1=haven't given it a second thought, 10=nothing left to do but wait. 

A #2!!  I have bought some presents but not wrapped any.  As far as baking, not a thing baked.  And meal planning haven't given this a second thought.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Going to spend a night with a friend and another friend is coming in from Georgia...having a girl's slumber party.  Just wondering how long we call all stay awake; bet is nothing like the wee hours in our college days!!  

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

3 comments:

  1. You girls have fun at the slumber party! Your NY trip sounds great...enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your vacation and slumber party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip to Hershey and NY sounds like a lot of fun, and so does the slumber party! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...