Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A Hodgepodge Christmas

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What does Christmas mean to you? 

A time to thank God for showing his great love for us. A celebration of God's ultimate gift.  Christmas is also spending time with family and showing gratitude to all.  

2. What's your favorite cozy holiday activity? 

A favorite cozy holiday activity I use to have was on Christmas Eve.  When the girls were younger, we traveled many places :church for Christmas Eve Communion,  great-grandparents' houses, grandparents' houses, aunts and uncles homes, and finally home.  After we had gotten the girls to bed and played Santa (which was in the wee hours of the morning), hub and I would just relax on the sofa as we reminisce about the evening and we both stared at the Christmas tree.  Hub and I would joke that we should probably go to bed since we knew in a few hours the girls would be coming downstairs! But we didn't!!  

3. Is all your shopping-wrapping-baking done? Tell us about your holiday plans. 

My shopping is complete, still have a few more gifts to wrap, and I usually don't do much baking.  My holiday plans are very simple, now.  I will attend Christmas Eve Communion Service and go to my aunt's house and then return home.  Christmas Day I will just go to daughter's house and see all the stuff Santa has brought the grandkids.

4. If you were Santa what treat would you like to have left for you (it doesn't have to be milk and cookies!) What sweet or savory treat do you most look forward to indulging in around the holidays? 

Christmas snack mix with vanilla almond bark, pretzels, and Chex rice cereal,  and M & M candy.

5. Next Wednesday is the first official day of winter (in the northern hemisphere). How does that make you feel? Tell us what you love most about winter? 

I am kinda ready for some winter---not the drastic temperature nor snow, but a little winter chill in the air.  What I love most about winter (besides when it is over  haha)  is watching it snow.  I do like watching it snow as I am cuddled up on the sofa reading a book. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great memory for #2! We try not to be too crazy on Christmas eve. We plan to go to church in the afternoon but that's it. I like to have my wrapping done but my husband drags his feet on some of this stuff and we inevitably have to do it that night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wrapping up in a blanket and reading and having a cup of hot chocolate is a wonderful way to spend time in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...your Christmas Eve activities sound lovely especially you and hubby sitting by the tree and soaking it all in. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...