1. "A daughter's a daughter all her life, but a son's a son til he takes a wife." What say you? Elaborate.
I had two daughers but my hub had avery close relationship to his mother (way more than I was with my mom..ahem) and his mother was involved in our daughter's lives. My hub was still a son when he and I was married. I personally don't know any man that has quit being a son or a daughter quit being a daughter because of marriage.
I have 5 beautiful grandsons...THREE are my daughters and TWO (I never get to see) are from my step-son. The idea that my daughter will have to give her sons away when they marry is not the case, but my daughter will have to realize her sons have a change of focus now.
2. Something you've seen recently that was 'cuter than a June bug'?
3. 'You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that's pretty much the same thing.' Agree or disagree? Last time you had a serving of
happiness ice cream? Dish-cone-milkshake-sundae...which one do you choose?
Money can't buy happiness, and ice cream can make one happy, and money can buy ice cream!
It has been awhile since I had ice cream; I believe it was last year while in Tybee. I am not a huge ice cream fan,but I prefer mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone.
4. What is one way/area in which you're currently 'swimming against the tide'?
Groundhogs!!! I planted a garden this year; the first time in many, many years. The groundhogs have eaten my lettuce and hot pepper plants!! I have called the game warden....NOTHING!! AND I was told I couln't shoot them since I live in the town limits. A friend is bringing me a trap this afternoon, so we will see. They are baby groundhogs so the mother must have left. I was afraid to put poison out since I have a cat.
5. Three things you're looking forward to this summer?
1. Spending time with grandsons and boat rides.
3. Maybe a trip...who knows...
6. Insert your own random thought here.