Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A- Z Challenge...letter E

 


E

                                             Eagle-Eyed

I do not pay close attention to details a fault I have had all my life.  My friends are the exact opposite; very observant.  Mainly I walk around with my head in the clouds and my mind is thinking of twenty thousand thoughts.
This past summer while we were all vacationing together, we decided to go shopping one evening after dinner.  What girl doesn't like to shop with their besties, right?  I headed straight to the toddler/boy section of the store.  I wanted to find shirts that were alike for my 3 grandsons.  I bound the cutest shirt for the twins and hanging close by was the same shirt for their older brother, who was 3 at the time.  I proceeded to the cash register, paid, and then we were off to tour a lighthouse.  After touring the lighthouse, we decided we all wanted ice cream.  We were on vacation and counting calories was not what we were thinking about...just thinking about some delicious ice cream.  I got the best mint chocolate chip ice cream ever!!  I ate every bite!  
I showed the girls the shirts I had purchased for the boys.  We always show each other what the other person has purchased.  Comments of "how adorable" "so cute," etc. Then I heard, "Oh my Gosh, Tammy look at the bottom of Blake's (3yr old) shirt!"  It wasn't a shirt, but more like a little girl's dress.  Now I had purchased all from the boy's section of the store.  Quickly, we returned to the store, and I was able to exchange the dress for a boy's shirt.  
The rest of the evening, I kept thanking the girls for their eagle eyes!!!  This Mamaw would have been in the dog house for many months if I had taken a dress to a 3 year old boy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...