Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

From this Side of the Pond

1. 'Tis the season to be jolly....so are you? 

I am really trying but it is hard for me to be jolly with the losses I have experienced.  I keep reminding myself the true meaning of Christmas.

2. Do you trim a tree this time of year, and if so is yours all done? What's something in your home-closet-life that needs to be trimmed in the new year? 

I wasn't going to put up a Christmas tree this year.  It is just sad for me and I wasn't going to drag the dang thing up the steps and decorate when I wasn't just feeling festive or one bit happy.  My grandson, Blake, said he wanted to decorate my tree.  My tree is up and decorated thanks to my little elf.



What needs to be trimmed this year isn't in my home or closet....BUT my waistline!!  I miss exercising and going back to work part-time; I leave at 7:20 and get home around 4:30 so I am tired,but I miss exercising and now that it is dark by 5:00 I just eat and eat and eat.

3. Are you 'dreaming of a white Christmas'? Is that a possibility where you'll be celebrating? According to this site the top ten places in the US you can count on for a white Christmas are- North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon, Yellowstone National Park, Winthrop Washington, Aspen Colorado, Ketchum Idaho, Mt. Washington New Hampshire, Whitefish Montana, Duluth Minnesota, and the Lake Tahoe town of Truckee CaliforniaOf the snowy spots listed which would you most like to visit? 

I am not dreaming of a white Christmas but it could be a possibility.  

I would like to visit Whitefish Montana. I have never heard of this place, I chose it because of the cool name.  After reading about this place, Yes, I can see myself visiting and experiencing the arts culture scenes. 

4. December 8th is National Brownie Day...will you be celebrating? How do you like your brownies-chewy or cake-like, frosted or plain, nuts or no nuts, a piece from the middle or give me the corner? As a child were you a member of a brownie troop? 

No, not celebrating National Brownie Day .  I like a corner piece of the chewy nut filled brownie, please.

5. Share a favorite line or two from a Christmas carol or holiday tune. 


"A Baby Changes Everything"

Teenage girl, much too young
Unprepared for what's to come

A baby changes everything

6. Insert your random thought.

I have been spending the time with the grandkids. The weather has been spectacular for this time of the year.  


When daughter came back, she asked how was I going to put them in their bed.  I replied, "I hadn't planned on laying them down!"


I have also been going to watch my Nate (who I can't see anymore nor is he allowed to talk to me) since my hub died.  Nate is playing basketball for the middle school three nights a week.  He looks for me and gives me a secretive wave.

Maybe one day...

Have a great rest of the week.  

So until next time...keep on Enjoying Life

5 comments:

  1. Oh that makes me so sad about Nate. I will pray for a change of heart. I know that's one more painful thing for you. I am glad you put up a tree, and had a grandson to help. I think twinkle lights help a lot. And I wouldn't put those babies down either : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. We feel loss more keenly during the holidays, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your grandson for helping you decorate your tree. :)
    Christmas certainly isn't as fun or jolly as it used to be. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're about the fourth person who said "trim my waistline"? LOL. I guess I want to lose these last 10ish pounds too. My chub is JUST in my belly now. I blame three kids.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...