Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Thanks Joyce. 



1. Do you think intuition is as valuable as rational thinking? Explain why or why not. 

I think intuition is just as valuable as rational thinking.  There are many factors which determine my decision.  I do rationalize-follow steps BUT sometimes my thinking comes from my 'gut'.  My 'gut' just knows.  Truly having both intuition and rational thinking is a good thing.

2. In the grand scheme of things____________________________. 

It is the NON-MATERIAL things that are important.  Moments of enjoying  the small things in life is what really matters.  In the grand scheme of things I take it one day at a time...and Release the toxin.

3. Last place you went that felt like 'Grand Central Station'? Have you ever actually been to Grand Central Station (and by Grand Central Station I mean Grand Central Terminal)

This summer in Savannah, but I enjoyed the trip.  I have never been to Grand Central Station.

4. October 6 is National Noodle Day. What's your favorite dish made with noodles and have you made/eaten this dish lately? 

Scallion Noodles...it is so easy and I love scallions.  I haven't made this dish in a few years.

5. A time recently you had to really 'use your noodle'? Elaborate. 

A few weeks ago, I was mowing.  I have a riding mower (I haven't quite got the hang of it yet) but I use a push mower a lot.  I was mowing and all of a sudden I hear this strange noise and the mower stopped.  I tried starting the mower, but even though I was making every effort to start the dang thing, it wouldn't.  So I pushed it over to my building and kept thinking what on earth did I hit.  I know, for a fact, there wasn't any tree limbs laying around (I had picked them all up).  I used my noodle....With all my strength I turned the mower over.  There was a slinky on the blade!  My next door neighbor watches children and I knew this is where the slinky came from.  After removing the slinking, the mower started right up and I was back to mowing.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Last Sunday, my Sunday School Class had a get together at a friend's house.  I haven't been anywhere like this since my husband passed away.  I was just feeling like a third wheel.  I decided to go and rode with a couple.  Such a fun time and so glad I went and finally pulled the trigger to begin socializing again.

I took some yummy desserts...didn't bake them myself, but ordered them.



Vanilla Strawberry and Chocolate Salted Caramel...YUMMY!

It was raining so I left my purse in the car along with my phone, which was a mistake because the view was spectacular!


A friend sent me these pictures.

Have a great rest of the week!

4 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look so good. I'm glad you got out and enjoyed time with people. I'm sure it's hard to make yourself do these things, and I admire you for pressing on. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and those cupcakes look delicious! Glad you went out and spent time with friends. I enjoyed your other answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of scallion noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...