1. August 12th is National Middle Child Day...are you a middle child? If not, where in your family do you fall in terms of birth order? Do you hold true to the typical characteristics of oldest-middle-youngest-only child? (a quick list can be found here) Elaborate.
I am the oldest sibling. I do spend more time with older adults and I am very conscientious. I do have a tendency to be bossy, and I am definitely a worrier.
2. Tell us about a time you felt like (or you actually were) in the middle of nowhere.
Years ago when youngest daughter was playing college basketball, our GPS really took us in the middle of nowhere! Hub always put in the shortest route. We were literally driving on a one way mountain, and there were only few houses, which were scattered miles apart. My behind was eating a hole in the seat. I wish I could remember where we were heading to that day, but I guess it is a memory I don't want to remember!
3. What's something you're smack in the middle of currently?
I can't think of anything right now that I am in the middle of.
4. What's a food you love to eat that has something delicious in the middle?
The only food I can think of is steamed crabs!
5. Share a memory from your middle school days, or junior high if that's what your school dubbed kids somewhere between grades 6-8.
My aunt and I were just discussing this the other evening. A fond memory was having the 'boy of my dreams' (well I thought he was) carrying my books to class as he walked me down the hall. Not a care in the world. Today, being a retired middle school teacher, there is too much drama!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Sunday evening I tripped over a stepping stone and landed right on my knee. Holy Moly!! Painful. I have elevated and applied ice but it is still sore (a little more stiff) and swollen. Getting older...I guess, my body won't bounce back so quickly.