Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekend Rewind...



Weekend Rewind....

Image result for back to school


Tomorrow will be my last-first day of school. I am retiring in December.   The kiddos will not be starting until August 19th.  Emotions are mixed at this point.  Truthfully, I still get a little excited about the beginning of a new school year. To me, the first day of school is always  'a new beginning.'

Last week, hub and I took 'little man' to Pigeon Forge for an entire week.  He swam a lot....

Temperature each day was in the 90's to 100!  The water was almost like a hot tub.  It was hard to get that refreshing, cooling feeling.

We ventured out to Dolly Wood for a couple of days.  I must say the water rides there were refreshing and so welcoming. Dolly was actually there the last day that we were. Now I know why it was so crowded ahem!  Dolly was introducing the newest ride attraction coming to Dolly Wood in 2016.  Of course, we didn't see Dolly-but all the staff members did.

Some mornings we just hung around to let 'little man' swing or play a round or two of checkers


or just simply play cars.

Hub and 'little man' rode the alpine coaster.  This was one ride not for me!  I did ride go cats with them a couple of nights.  Hub can't pass by an arcade without going in and neither can 'little man.'  He collected over 700 points and was so amazed at the prizes he could get. I particularly liked the teeth he chose.

It was a fun week and kinda a break from all the hustle and bustle that is going on around my house here lately. 

I did not want to leave, but the real world was calling us home.

Now it is back to the beginning of a new school year and oh yeah a wedding that will be happening in two weeks!

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  R Rainbows I love rainbows, they are one of the first things I remember learning to draw as a child. A rainbow makes me happy and gives me...