1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
Nope--this is the biggest criticism I get from my family. My family usually tells me that I need to stop and smell the roses.
Paperwork, laundry, cleaning, putting 'little' items away for future bride-(haven't started anything major yet), Oh My! I named more than one and I could go on and on and on....
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'
That depends on the situation. Mostly, I am okay with turning the other cheek but it is really difficulty for me to turn the other cheek when the behavior is repetitive. This was our discussion Sunday evening during Bible Study. How can you deal with a situation when the person is continually doing the same repetitive behavior towards you? My thoughts-try to really show your Christianity by continually forgiving-or turning the other cheek-look how many times Christ has forgiven me or I just remove myself from this person (which is hard sometimes because of family circumstances).
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?
Last week, I had misplaced my cell phone. I am not one to continually rely on my cell phone and I should since hub took out our land line-ugh!! I was looking EVERYWHERE! Then, ding, I remembered, I had left it at school-where I always put it-in my desk drawer.
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
Yellow-I like: yellow apples, grapefruit, pineapple of course if you throw in orange-how about cantaloupe, lemons, and tangerines. Most definitely a question that made me think. My first thought would have been red-but then I realized I don't much fruit that is red-except for an apple, but then I eat green apples.
7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?
Gasp! Haven't seen any films with the title 'October'.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My class has been reading the book, Wonder to go along with bullying. I really like Mr. Browne's idea using precepts. My two favorite ones are: "Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much." Blaise Pascaand "What is beautiful is good, and who is good will soon be beautiful." Sappho Some writing thoughts for you..