Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?  On a scale of 1-10 how much of a fan are you? (10 is never miss a game and 1 is I'm just here for the snacks). Who's your team? If you're playing along today, but live outside the US feel free to sub your feelings about futbol for the more American sport of football. 

10 all the way!!!!  Go Vols!  I am in a football pool and usually pick by the colors of the team.  Out of 20 teams I went 17-3 last week; this week 15-5!!  

I need to learn the game of futbol--twins first match is this Saturday and I know nothing about this sport. 

2. What's something you currently have a game plan for managing? 

I plan the week ahead on a Sunday evening.  All clothes are laid out for the work week.  I take a look at my calendars (one hand written and one on my phone) and decide what absolutely needs my attention.  I know schedules will change, especially grandsons games, but it is okay.  I have some quiet time for just me in the mornings before leaving for school. 

My word for 2026 was 'boundaries'.   My game plan isn't just saying "no"  It's about deciding what I will carry and what I won't.  It is about protecting my peace, and letting my faith guide those decisions.

3. Do you like chicken wings? Hot, mild, or some other flavor? What's a must have food for you on a tailgate menu? I know tailgating isn't as big of a thing outside the US of A as it is inside the US of A, but you can also answer the question this way-what's a must have food for you at a sporting event viewing party? 

I like semi-hot wings.  Tailgate party needs to include wings, loaded nachos, chips and salsa, football shape cookies and beverages!!!

4. Teams typically have strict playbooks they follow. What is one unwritten rule or piece of advice in your 'life playbook' you think everyone should know?

Be kind, honest, and do your part.  Then let go of what isn't mine to carry.  I can love people without taking responsibility for their choices.


5. This is the week we remember and mourn all that was lost and changed on September 11, 2001. I always include a spot for bloggers to share anything they'd like to share about 9/11. Share as much or as little as you like. 

I was teaching school and getting ready to leave for a conference in Roanoke.  When my principal heard about this, he had all TVs in the school turned off.  Teachers were trying to find out what was going on.  I still had to leave for my conference.  When my colleagues and I arrived at our hotel, the lobby was packed and I mean packed. Due to air space being cancelled so many people were left with no where to go.  All restaurants were closed in the area, and the quietness of the night was eerie.

September 11, 2001, is important to remember, but I remember the humanity that emerged in the middle of this tragedy. So many lives were changed that day.  But the courage, compassion, and willingness to help each other became just as much a part of the story as the devastation.  Even in the darkest moments; kindness and unity matter.  



6.Insert your own random thought here. 

I put out some fall decorations in this 90 degree heat!!  The AC was running, but I was burning a fall candle!!!!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!!!


4 comments:

  1. Love people without feeling responsible for the choices they make is wise. I also put out some fall decor as hubs is bringing a real estate client to the house today and I felt like my patriotic decor was feeling too summery. I did leave flags on my front porch for 9/11 but am feeling good about the pumpkins, etc now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with learning the rules of futbol and I hope the twins enjoy it. That sounds like a great game plan for the week ahead.
    The humanity and kindness which came from 9/11 was amazing to hear about and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer for number 2! Yes to the air conditioning while still decorating for fall :). Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers today, and yes, hot as it is, it is also about time to get out the fall decor! I'm going to start this weekend too.
    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to mind?  Leaves crunching under my feet, a crackling fireplace, and the sound at a football ga...