Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. October 25th is International Artists Day...do you have a favorite artist? If so tell us who and why. 

Thomas Kinkade is a favorite artist of mine.  I love lighthouses and his paintings of them.  He also painted some Disney stuff and something that I always loved was he would hide the letter N in his paintings in memory of his wife.  So sad he died at an early age due to his alcohol addiction.

2. Would you describe yourself as artistic? Elaborate. 

Heavens a big, fat NO!!!!

3. What's a skill, task, hobby, or job you've done so often you now have it 'down to a fine art'? 

Mowing my yard.  Hub always took care of the outside and I took care of the inside.  Since his passing, I have both to do.  The first time I used the riding mower, I couldn't find the way to back the mower up (duh!!) so I kept going around in a circle and I had blown grass all over the main road (a huge no that consists of a fine).  Now, I feel pretty proud of myself for learning this job and I think I have it 'down to a fine art'!

4. How often do you dine out? Fast food, fine dining, or somewhere in between? Tell us about a less than stellar restaurant experience you've had recently (or not so recently if that's easier).  

Rarely do I dine out now that I am by myself.  Thinking back to past years, I can't remember a  less than stellar restaurant experience.

BUT....daughter, hub, and three boys had a less than stellar restaurant experience a couple of weeks ago, and they are still talking about the experience.  They had went to a very nice Mexican Restaurant which they had been before. (Hint it was so good, they were going back).  Daughter and hub said the waitress was very rude, brought the wrong food, and said it was just horrible.  They said they would never go back.

5. Do you celebrate Halloween? To what extent? Are there trick or treaters where you live? 

I celebrate Halloween.  I don't have many trick or treaters where I live now, but years ago my street was flooded with trick or treaters and I loved every second of it.  I go to my son-in-law's house now and help him give out candy.  He bought over $100 worth of candy last year.  I just think the little kids are so cute in his/her costume.

I have never really did much decorations inside for Halloween until this year.  With the grands living with me...Well...




They have decorated about every room.  And that is okay with me.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I am loving this weather.  The nights are cool (high 30s to low 40s), but the temperatures in the daytime 70s!!!  The beautiful leaves are still clinging to the trees!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!!

6 comments:

  1. Thomas Kinkade is a favorite artist of mine, also, though I chose a different one to answer this question. Fun questions this time. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think their restaurant experience is becoming the norm: we go to places where one time it's amazing and the next, awful. They can't keep waitstaff anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mention Kinkade in my artist list, but he's one of my favorites as well. What a shame about the poor restaurant experience - especially after they enjoyed the place so much the first time! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am with you on the weather. Ours has been fabulous! I'm on the porch right now with my computer and a cup of tea. So nice! We were with daughter1 last year on Halloween and had so much fun in her neighborhood that was filled with kids. We have a party this year that should be fun too, but the littles in costume are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been having nice weather in Alabama, too. We have cool nights and mornings and then up to about 80 during the day. I love seeing all of the kids in their Halloween costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love little trick or treaters appearing at our door. That's in the past except for our two grandkids and I look forward to seeing them come. How nice that you can go to your kids' home to enjoy the kids. I love our riding lawn mower and that is my job. Glad you are enjoying your weather! Happy end of October to you.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...