Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. Hello Summer! In the northern hemisphere anyway. What's something on your summer bucket list? Do you have an actual summer bucket list? If not, use your hypothetical list.

A trip has had to be cancelled for a few reasons but that is okay.  So many things happen (with our age) that we have no control over.  I have no summer bucket list but I love to travel to new places.  Anywhere I haven't been I would love to travel to.

2. What for you is the defining scent of summer?

After a hot day, the smell of rain.

3. What's a (music, food, wine, or flower) festival happening in your part of the country that you would like to attend if tickets/travel/timing was no object? 

The Beach Boys are coming to Doswell, Virginia in September!  I would like to attend the Sunflower Festival in July...this is close to Washington, D.C.

4. Apparently a military whistle blower claims the US has a UFO retrieval program. What say you? Do you believe aliens are out there? 

Nope, don't believe in aliens.

5. Besides your wedding day and the birthdays of any children you may have, what are three of your top experiences in life? 

1.  The birth of my grandchildren

2.  Road trips with my girls' gang

3.  Learning I can do things I thought I would never have to do without hub...making important decisions

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Yesterday, June 20th, if hub would have lived ,we would have celebrated 42 years together.




7 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sure it's hard to come up on these milestones. A sunflower festival sounds like fun. I think there's one at a local farm here this weekend, but the weather has been so dreary I'm not sure what it will be like. Hope you get a fun trip somewhere this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, days like yesterday must be hard, but I hope all the good memories help. I think I would love to see the Beach Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers - and I am sorry for your loss. There are always things to learn and new experiences in life - good or bad. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your memories were of great comfort to you yesterday (and every day!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how tough it is to have your spouse die and how those anniversaries sting. Such a learning curve with the daily tasks, too. Glad you have a gang of girls to enjoy trips with. Hope your summer is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss and the trip cancellation. I saw The Beach Boys when I was younger and they are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...