Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



1. It's the 11th day of the 11th month and bloggers often make lists on days like today. Let's go with a list of eleven things you're feeling grateful for today.

Jesus Christ, family, church, health (able to get out of bed, eyes to see the beauty, able to exercise, etc.), friends, job (yes, this gives me something to do), sunshine (always good for the soul), books (take me places), modern medicine (in this day and time a good thing), and technology (being in school this is a plus but the biggest plus is Facetime!).

2. What's something you decided to do or act on at the '11th hour'?  

I can't think of anything at all!  I am more of a planner and OCD on top of that!ha!

3.  Apparently the Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe contains 11 herbs and spices. What's a dish you make that calls for exactly eleven ingredients? Feel free to share the list and/or recipe. 

NOTHING !  My cookbooks call for only 4 ingredients.


Living by myself, not much cooking/baking going on....not that I ever did anyway.

4. Something you remember about your 11-year old self? .  

Spending my summer with my grandmother in Baltimore. I loved spending my summers there.

5. The 11th of November is Veterans Day in the US of A. This is a day to honor those who have served their country in war or peace-dead or alive-although according to the government's website it's largely intended to thank living veterans for their sacrifices. 

Memorial Day is when we honor military personnel who died in service to their country. 

Share a thought relating to Veterans Day or tell us something about a Veteran you know-love-admire. 

My late uncles were in Vietnam.  I remember sending care packages to them.  But I also remember the nightmares they had when they came home. Truly grateful to all veterans for everything they have done and is doing for us.

6. Random thought.

Really enjoying this weather.  It has been in the high 70s close to 80 and feels so much like spring.  

Have a great rest of the week.











6. Insert your own random thought here

6 comments:

  1. Tammy,

    It's raining today but our weather has been lovely. Living in East Tennessee our conditions are moderate and tolerable. That's one reason why I love it here so much. I'm definitely thankful to Jesus for His ultimate sacrifice and give of eternal life. Thanks for sharing your responses with the blogging community. Have a joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some wonderful weather here as well, although it's rainy today and oddly humid. Summer always has a last gasp in the south. I love your gratitude list and think it's helpful to write these things down when the world feels topsy turvy. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out that four ingredient cookbook! I love to cook but sometimes easy is best! It is raining here but warm (70's). Our Bible study has been meeting outside and I wore shorts and a t-shirt last night - no jacket needed which was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been having that wonderful weather too. But cold and rain is coming.
    I love your list--very similar to mine. It is good to keep our focus on sunshine, God and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds a great cook book. I often open a cookery book (we have lots!) to try and make something different but there will usually be something that I don't have in the house in the list of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...