Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Thank you Joyce for these questions.

1. Let's start things off right...Wednesday is National Dessert Day. What are we having? How often do you  make/serve dessert? Store bought or from scratch? 

No dessert for me.  I have been trying to stay away from sweets.
Very seldom do I make desserts.  My late hub, very seldom ate desserts.  When I would make something he could eat one piece/slice and be satisfied, Me I would eat the whole thing!






2. Slow as molasses, icing on the cake, that's the way the cookie crumbles, have your cake and eat it too, half-baked idea, that takes the cake...which phrase might be applied to something in your life in recent days? Explain. 

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

I found out some very disturbing, heart-breaking news last Wednesday.  I have cried, prayed, and reached out to services to try and help this child BUT according to services (CPS, etc.) there isn't anything I can do.  Do I have to accept this...Yes, BUT gosh dang it is hard.
But I remember when I can't put my prayer into words, God hears my heart.


3. Something that's 'easy as pie' for you to do?


I am drawing a blank!  It is definitely not cooking that all will batch for!

4. Are you someone who likes to 'sugarcoat' news you think might not be well received, or are you more of a tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may? Do you like to receive your news the same way you give it? 

I am more tell it like it is person.  The more I try to sugarcoat something, the more I get tongue tied.
Just tell me the news!


5. Something you did recently that made you feel like a 'smart cookie'? 

Finally, being able to multi-task on the computers I am using for teaching.  I still have my moments, but I am feeling so much more comfortable.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The School Board met Monday and students will be returning to school on a hybrid schedule October 26th.

They are growing up and finally hit the growth chart!
I am ready!


So thankful for Facetime!
Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit. Those grandkids or yours are all cute! Yes facetime can be a blessing or not - one of ours asked to facetime us yesterday and then when we got connected he burst into floods of tears lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good friend at church who is doing the on-line teaching at her school with the 4th graders. The situations she faces are amazing but after this first 9 weeks, she's got a real good handle on it.

    Yes, to God seeing our hearts when our words just can't articulate the hurts.

    Keep trusting Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting today from the Hodgepodge. I hope the transition back to in person school goes well. This is one time where I am glad I am no longer in the classroom. I see my teacher friends working so hard and being stressed over all the changes. These are not easy times for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know there are things we want so much to fix that are out of our hands. And we pray. And pray.
    I'm with you on dessert. I try to stay away from sugar. It is my enemy. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your hard situation and that you feel helpless. God hears our prayers and I do hope somehow things resolve for the better even if we can't see it now. Yay for kids returning to the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went back and read your post about the twin grandbabies! They are so cute! I'm married to an identical twin and we have fraternal twins . . . and when I met my husband, I was living with identical twins. When we married, there were two sets of identical twins in the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about whatever was heavy on your heart. We Facetime our grands too. I am guessing you are a teacher. I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...