Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge.....









1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
Best---seeing the world differently and learning to enjoy life more-taking each day as a new day.  Worst-body aches and pains and losing loved ones.

2.   Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season? 
The beautiful scenery-leaves are beginning to turn in Virginia.


3.  Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan?   What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage? 
Not much a fan of the taste of pumpkin.  I do like the color and like that the fashion industry is coming out with more pumpkin colors.

4.  Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?

Two weeks ago, I fell out of my desk chair.  I was talking to another colleague, sat on the edge of my rolling chair and the chair flipped back.  The  top half of my body hit the edge of my desk-bruising occurred in some tender areas (if you follow my drift) and I landed on my butt-thankfully I have much padding there and this wasn't as hurtful.  My colleague rushed to my side and helped me up-she thought I had hit my head as I went tumbling out of my chair.

5.  If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose? 
Drawing a blank.....:(

6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
 Duh....can't think of one right now-believe my brain is not working-I blame this on all the paperwork, teacher evaluation forms/goals to complete , bus duty, and homecoming activities happening this week!

7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office?  Was it a big deal?
Many years ago---20+ since I locked myself out of house.  On the other hand, I usually lock myself out of my classroom (have to keep doors locked) -not a big deal.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Busy week ahead.....
Loved seeing my college roommates this past weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Great picture! How fun to have a little mini reunion : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that must have been to get together with your college roommates. We drove through Virginia on I-64 on our way to the Outer Banks and then on our way to Ocean City ... we stopped at Ft. Story and Assateague Island to see lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to seeing the fall colours when we drive thru Virginia on our way to South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you weren't more seriously hurt by your chair incident!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That autumn picture is lovely!!!!!! I love fall!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your fall off your desk chair. So glad you got to see your college roommates. That is always fun! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...