Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. How do you define beauty? 

Beauty is kindness, compassionate, and the way someone makes me feel.  Beauty is also a sunrise, sunset, and laughter.  

Many people associate the word 'beauty' with appearance, but appearance can change, but a person's character rarely changes. 



2. Have you ever taken a trip by train? If so where did you go and what did you think of the experience? If not do you have any desire to do so? Where would you like to go? (You might find inspiration here-The Best Train Trips in The World)

 I have never taken a trip by train.  But, I would love to.  I would love to travel from the east to the west coast.  I think traveling by train would be a way to really see the scenery. This has always been on my bucket list. 

3. Shell shocked, bombshell, bandshell, shellacking, in a nutshell, walking on eggshells...choose one and tell us why you chose it, or how it relates to your life in some way currently.

Definitely eggshells!!!  We have had a lot of changes this year in my school district and my school.  I was really close to a teacher, but the changes have really upset her.  I have tried helping by showing another easy way, but she refuses.  Every-time I try to help, the same reaction.  I have had to walk on eggshells around her by not offering any advice.

4. Tacos, pistachios, oysters, clams, eggs...your favorite food on the list that comes in/with a shell? 

OYSTERS!!!!!  I love oysters, but dang they are too expensive in the market.

5. Are birthdays a big deal in your house? Is your own birthday a big deal in some way? Elaborate. 

Birthdays just to be a big deal when the girls were younger, but not now.  Daughter tries to have some type of surprise for the grandsons...not necessarily a party, but a small trip planned.  Last year, she took them to Charlotte to see Cooper Flagg play

My birthday is no longer a big deal.  I am just thankful for another trip around the sun.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Have a great week and Enjoy Life!

2 comments:

  1. I've never made oysters at home but my son-in-law grills them and they're good that way. I'll eat them raw or roasted or however they're served. It's hard to be around someone where walking on eggshells is required. Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic answer for question 1.
    Travelling by train is a great way to take in the scenery.
    That is a shame you are having to walk on eggshells around the teacher. I hope things sort themselves out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. How do you define beauty?  Beauty is kindness, compassionate, and the way someone makes me feel.  Beauty is also a sunrise, sunset, and l...