Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge



From this Side of the Pond

1. Do you have a word for the year (WOTY)? If so, and you'd like to share, please share. How do you decide on a word? If you don't have a word are you still on the hunt for one for 2024? 

Yes, I have a word for the year.  My word is BOUNDARIES.  I need to set boundaries for my life; sometimes I let people take advantage of me and I need to stop.  My close friends always know my WOTY and when I speak to them about a situation they always say to me to remember my WOTY.

2. January 23rd is National Pie Day...will you celebrate? Do you like pie? What's your favorite? 

NO, I will not celebrate.  I will eat a lot of popcorn, though.  We have basketball games started today at 4 and I probably won't get home till 9:30 so I will stuff my face with popcorn.

I like pie, and my favorite is pecan.

3. Tipping. What are your thoughts, expectations, as to who, when where? Do you appreciate a store/restaurant giving a 'suggested amount'? Have you ever left an extravagant tip? 

It depends...sometimes the service is horrible and I really don't appreciate a 'suggested amount'.  I have heard so please if anyone else has heard this let me know...Not to put your tip on your credit card to do your tipping the ole fashion way and leave it on the table because the waiter/waitress doesn't really get the full amount.

4. Share with us one household 'tip' that works for you. 

I try to do a little bit each day that way it doesn't all seem like you spend an entire day cleaning.

5. Influencers on social media are people who've built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular subject. Do you follow any influencers online? Have you made a purchase or tried something new because of that 'influence'? If there's one you particularly enjoy tell us who they are and why you enjoy them. 

No, I do not follow any influencers online.

If TikTok counts, I have purchased something and it is to arrive this week so who knows!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

After having over a week off from school due to having seven inches of school and single digit temps, yesterday was our first day back.  Shew!!  it was like starting over after Christmas.  I was glad and the students were kinda happy to be back in a routine.



Meet Bentley!  He is a Yorkie Poo.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6 comments:

  1. I try to 'clean as I go' but sometimes I like to blast music and spend a whole morning just getting it all done. Glad you're back in school. It's been a rocky start to the new year for. many districts. We have rain all day today. Snow is prettier : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bentley is just ADORABLE! The school system I retired from finally went back today with a 2 hour delay. I don't keep up with it as much since I retired! :) (I thought you had retired as well?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did retire but after the death of my hub and daughter, I went back part-time.

      Delete
    2. I completely understand that. I knew about your husband but not your daughter. I am so sorry that you are going through that. :(

      Delete
  3. What a cutie Bentley is. I have a lharkie, which is half yorkie and half lhasa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter, who is a barista has told me that when you tip on a card they do not get the full amount.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...