Sunday, December 9, 2018

Some happenings

Some happenings from my week....

Hellooo....

All week the meteorologist was predicted a winter storm.  Now, nine times out of town when the meteorologist predicts snow...they miss it.  Well, this time...they were exactly right.  The snow started in the wee hours of Sunday morning and it has just now stopped...only to begin again tomorrow..so they say.  I haven't measured the amount but from looking at Facebook (the news) people have posted 14 inches.  That is a lot of snow.



I was out shoveling my driveway and a nice young man came by and finished the driveway on his tractor. I didn't catch his name...but I thank him from the bottom of my heart. I am also thankful that my electricity has stayed on.  Unfortunately, some people in my area are without electricity, and I truly hope they will not be in the dark too long.
I did prepare for the storm...


Yesterday, I went to watch my local high school football team, Chilhowie Warriors, play in the State Football Game.  Hub and I went to many of the games and we developed a special bond with many of the players.  A few days before hub passed away, the seniors on the football team along with the coach came to the house and presented hub with the game ball of the week before.

A football I will treasure.
I can still see the happiness in hub's eyes.
The Warriors lost...State runner-up Champions, but they have won in my heart.  These fine group of senior boys (15) will always be special to me.  The night of my hub's funeral service, the boys had a game.  They arrived on a school bus still in their uniforms to attend the service...how heartwarming.
He was a true Warrior...his blood ran orange and black!

It is hard getting into the Christmas spirit...I am trying but it just doesn't seem like Christmas. Hub passed away a few weeks ago...and this is HARD! BUT, I finally got my tree up with this little helper.
Nothing like a little child to help you get through the holidays.
Daughter #2 did not have to work one day last week, and she and I took Blake to see Santa Clause.  We both didn't know what to expect...if he would cry or scream or enjoy sitting on Santa Clause's lap since this would be his first time seeing the jolly ole man.
He didn't cry, but he wanted down...he is beginning to walk and does not want to be held now.

I have not begun Christmas shopping and was planning on picking up a few things this week.  Hopefully, the weather will clear up so I can get presents and get them wrapped.

Have a Blessed Week and Enjoy Life





2 comments:

  1. When it snowed this weekend, I thought of you guys. The first time I ever went sledding is when you all lived down the road from us and we went in that big field behind our house. Charlie taught me how to sled and at first I was terrified, but then I had so much fun! Thinking of you... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you put up a tree. I'm sure everything is hard right now, and so glad you have your girls and grand baby nearby. The team coming in their uniform is everything right about the world. Take care. I am keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...